New Year, New Me

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New Year, New Me

Postby JillCo » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:18 am

I am going through 07 with my new lifestyle and attitude! Would anyone like to join me? I would love to have friends who are starting out too, and would like to keep in touch with me regularly. I have gone in and out of the McDougall way of eating for several years now, and I really believe it is the way to health.
JillCo

Postby VeganMan » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:29 am

I've only been McDing since September....so I'm kind of new. This lifestyle is just so easy I feel like I've been doing it for years.

Welcome
Vegan Since Sept. 2006
Age 24
205/171/175
VeganMan

Postby hope101 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:54 am

Welcome, Jillco. This is a great place for keeping your enthusiasm high and your questions answered. It seems like there is almost always someone around, so I have no doubt you will get to know quite a few people here.
hope101

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby 55andholding » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:58 am

I am going to be starting on January 2, 2007. We are having a party on the 1st, so I will wait till the 2nd. I am VERY excited. I tried the program for a week before the holidays and lost 3 1/2 lbs the first week, and I even cheated a little. I am 55 and planning on retiring next May (2007) and I want to begin my retired life as a whole new me. My husband is very supportive. We can do this!!!!
Stop the killing !!!!!
55andholding

Postby Melinda » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:04 pm

:-D Congratulations to all! I am determined to follow the Mcdougall plan. I am already vegan, but my weaknesses are chocolate and cookies! I am the original cookie monster! My husband basically eats what I cook for him. Since he hates cooking, he is always grateful that I cook! But I know that I have been damaging our health with all the chips and cookies. I found a great muffin recipe on the Healing Heart website, for cranberry oat muffins. I found them a little too sweet, but next time I will cut down on the sugar. ( My weakness is fat more than sugar!) None of the recipes have any fat. You can access it through Dr. Pinckney's website through veg source. Good luck to all and Happy New Year! :-D
Melinda

Return to How to Begin