Why McDougall's plan appeals to me...

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Why McDougall's plan appeals to me...

Postby CanadianNational » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:50 pm

The many reasons this plan appeals to me:

1. It's not Weight Watchers (I learned to starve myself, eat 22 points worth of "crap," but never learned about appropriate foods)
2. I can eat as much as I want and still lose weight (see #1)
3. It's simple
4. No counting calories (WHAT-E-VER!!)
5. The recipes are yummy (I've tried a few)
6. I can feast on special occasions (if I want to) and not feel guilty
7. The exercise plan is simple and makes sense
8. I never knew how to do it - and now I do
9. The books make sense to me - I understand the role of carbohydrates in my health
10. I've all ready given up caffeine (which is HUGE for me) and I don't miss it

Here's to a great new year!

CN
New, but knowin' something's gotta change.
CanadianNational

Postby hope101 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:46 pm

Hi there, CN. I'm another weightwatchers reject (yay) and Canadian. Welcome. This place is quieter than usual today, but I am sure you will be meeting a lot of great people with a wealth of expertise. There is none of the snarkiness of the ww boards here, with the exception of the occasional spammer.
hope101

Postby serenity » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:59 pm

Welcome.

I love your list. It illustrates one of my main reasons - it's something I can do for life without sacrifice. I spent 20 years of my life always hungry just for the sake of my figure. Phooo to that.
serenity

Postby Sunny » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:31 am

Welcome to the board CN. :-D
I never tried WW but know several people who have, they lose weight by starving then gain it back plus more. I am glad you are here. :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

serenity!!

Postby 55andholding » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:00 am

when did you actually start the McD program?
Stop the killing !!!!!
55andholding

Postby CanadianNational » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:45 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am SO HAPPY to be here. I haven't started McDougalling yet - I am starting on Tuesday, Jan 2. Jan 1 is my birthday (39) so I am waiting until after that to start up.

You all might get a giggle out of this: my spouse and I just went grocery shopping. It took 2 1/2 hours - and we had to relearn the grocery store. I never knew what watercress is - now I do. :lol:

CN
New, but knowin' something's gotta change.
CanadianNational

Postby Sher » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:41 pm

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And Welcome!~

And what a wonderful gift to yourself: the gift of HEALTH. It's one that no one else can give to you but yourself. :-D

I did WW up til last year. I had mixed feelings over the focus of the local groups--every week the recipes were mainly desserts w/Splenda, or meat based. There wasn't much support for a veg diet, unless you had dairy. I have quit the fake foods, & gradually stopped going.

Love your list!

Sher
Sher

Postby windycitychick » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:47 pm

Welcome! I am returning after several years of off again on again McDougalling. During that time I did try ww several times and like the idea of accountability, but find myself eating stuff I didn't want to eat just to stay full. I hope you enjoy vegan eating. I find it takes more time to shop and cook, but it's well worth it.
windycitychick

Return to How to Begin