A new year, I want health

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

A new year, I want health

Postby PKM » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:59 am

I'm starting MWL program today. I'm humbled by the scale today, I have not stepped on it in a very long time.

PKM

Postby hope101 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:58 pm

That's okay, PKM. I think everyone of us here has had something less than pleasurable to drive home the message of why we need to eat this way. At least you didn't have to have a heart attack or stroke to get the message. Welcome. This is a great place for support and ideas.
hope101

Thanks Hope

Postby PKM » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:13 pm

I had a pretty good day, I had a headach (I'm sure from sugar withdrawl). Thanks for the encouragement. I'm from Wisc, so not too far from you. It's tough exercising outdoors, it's very icy here. I may have to hang out at the YMCA.... take care
PKM

Day 3

Postby PKM » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:35 pm

Hey Gang,
Day 3 and it’s going well. I had the most wonderful tasting dinner tonight.
I’m the only one in the house on this plan (so far) and have not tried the recipes yet.

I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast with soy. Fruit for snacks and either rice or potatoes and veggies for dinner. I asked in a different post about Mary’s mini, and someone kindly posted the link. I found out I’m really close to the mini…. I can see me continuing on this path until I get tired of it. But so far it’s been easy, and that surprises me.

I’m going to try the oatmeal / cherry thing for breakfast. I plan to weigh myself once a week and I will post the progress.

I have noticed a few things already. I can ‘eliminate waste’ much easier (LOL, I hope that doesn’t gross anyone out), and I love the feeling of being satisfied, not full. This has made me more alert.
I hope all you newbee’s well, wahoo!
PKM

Postby hope101 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:20 pm

So glad it's going well, PKM. A lot of people weigh in and report Saturday, but some people weigh later in the week and then just post their weight the next day. You might want to join us there on Roberta's Corner weigh-in thread.
hope101

Postby noodle » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:43 am

Welcome PKM - I love the little doggie in your avatar!

It is great that you are off to such a good start, and enjoying it too!
No, you didn't gross me out with the elimination comment :lol: I am very grateful that things run smoothly in that department for me too!!

Take care and happy New Year!

Noodle
noodle

Noodle

Postby PKM » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:17 pm

His name is Lincoln (like Lincoln log). He is by far the quirkest dog I have ever had, but tons of fun. Thanks for the welcome!
PKM

Postby noodle » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:20 pm

Oh, I love that name, how cute! I love those kind of dogs and want one badly. We had a great dane (Heidi) that died last March.

But my dh is a "big" dog guy, so he's not going along with my wants on this one!

Take Care and give Lincoln a pat on his cute little head for me :D
noodle

Postby happyalyssa » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:57 pm

Noodle,

I used to be a 'big dog" person also but my mom got a dog like PKM's, named Oscar (Oscar Meyer Weiner.... :o )...I like the name Lincon MUCH better, haha :)

Anyhow, he is such a fun little guy, he's so amusing and trusting. He's just limp when you pick him up, I even nicknamed him Noodle (go fig) and it stuck. He's not "yappy" and he's got tons of character!

Don't give up! Maybe talk to your husband and have him get a big dog and you can get yourself a little noodle! Macaroni perhaps :lol: My dog & Oscar/Noodle got along just fine even though mine was 4x his size. Oscar had the same size personality ;)
Start date: January 1, 2007
23 lbs lost...32 to go!
happyalyssa

Return to How to Begin