A question about the 12-day free diet, please

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

A question about the 12-day free diet, please

Postby fltoner » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:11 am

A family member will soon go to a 12-day program in California. My family member's wife and I have decided that while he is there, we will follow the free diet, to be with him "in spirit." Should I eat only what is indicated, (avoiding the "forbidden" foods), or may I add other vegetables, fruits and/or whole grain foods? I want to be be as faithful as possible. Thanks if someone knowledgeable can help. - Fannie
fltoner

Greetings

Postby f1jim » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:51 am

As long as the food meets Dr, McDougalls requirements eat as much as you like. This way of eating is really about the content and quality, not the quantity. As long as it's whole plant foods, and the items you mentioned are, eat and enjoy. Best of luck with all of you. Just curious, how did you find out about this program?
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby fltoner » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:44 am

f1jim, thank you for your reply.

My relative's health program is sending him for the 12-day course. I hadn't heard of the McDougall program. I found the site, and printed out the free diet. I wasn't sure if the person should eat just the diet as indicated, or if one could add a snack or a side dish of plant-based or whole grain foods. I usually follow a Weight Watchers' diet, and I carry my lunch to my office. So I'm kind of punting on some of these. - Best regards, Fannie
fltoner

Postby Rose » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:43 pm

whats the 12 day course?
Rose

Postby fltoner » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:07 pm

Perhaps I mis-quoted the length of the live-in seminar. I probably confused the 12-day diet with a 10-day seminar. - Sorry for the confusion - Fannie
fltoner

Return to How to Begin