Hello from Lux

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hello from Lux

Postby AM » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:45 am

Hi everybody,
I just wanted to introduce myself quickly. I have been reading the forum for a while now and finally registered today so I can start posting as well. I'm german, 34 this year and a 1 year breastcancer survivor. I am one year out from my last chemo, radiation and double mastectomy and have now recently started to reconsider a lot of my dietary choices. I always considered myself a healthy eater but after all the information gathered here and on other recommended reading sites I guess I was way off : ) (especially regarding low-fat dairy etc.). I have been reading many discussions on here, the reports of the start McDougallers etc. and I am very inspired to say the least. Now I just have to start ... I would like to lose about 50 lbs. (I was overweight slightly before cancer, but chemo-induced menopause plus food-cravings let me go from slightly to definitely overweight). I am thankful for any advice you can give me : )

Regards,
Alex
AM

Postby pinkrose » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Welcome, Alex! I am glad to have another person here from outside of the USA! Congratulations on your successful battle against cancer!

I am glad you have decided to make positive changes in your diet. If you will follow the program in all of its details, I expect you will get the results you want over time. Be patient! Think about your progress from month to month and do not be distressed by weight fluctuations. Take care of the causes (your diet and exercise habits) and the good effects will follow!

Please let us know how you do!!! :-D
pinkrose

Re: Hello from Lux

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:50 am

wow Alex, what a lot to go through. you are a bright woman though to have started researching. Way to go. You have a huge motivating factor looking at you. I know you can do it. Just keep it simple, it's a very straight forward and simple program. Concentrate on what you CAN have and not on what you Can Not have.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to How to Begin