This is my 12th day.

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

This is my 12th day.

Postby Mrs Missakian » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:43 pm

I'm feeling FANTASTIC. In the last week I've had enough energy to plant a rose garden and wash my windows in my free time. My neighbors must think I'm on drugs. I can't tell enough people how great the program is. I've lost 10 pounds. My mother in law passed it down to me. She's been McDougalling for decades. Hopefully we can make this a family tradition.
Mrs Missakian

Postby chewymom » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:46 pm

That's awesome! I'm just starting out myself, so you give me encouragement. I can't really say what day I'm on because I already had a scheduled dinner at a friend's house on Saturday night where although I avoided the steak, I know I consumed oil in the salad and other foods. Still, I've been working on doing this for about 4 days now...down 2.5 pounds already, but haven't noticed a huge change in how I feel...yet!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjn953b/]
[/url]
chewymom

Postby hope101 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi, Mrs Missakian and welcome. Congratulations on your early success. That is so nice to see results to be excited about so early and to feel so much better. I am sure your MIL is glad to have another family member enthusiastic about the program. :D
hope101

Postby slugmom » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:46 pm

Welcome Mrs. Missakian!

I always love hearing people who have such great experiences right from the get-go! And that's great that you have extended family to spur you on, exchange recipes with, and all that!

Keep up the good work!

Kim
- Kim

slugmom

Postby Mrs Missakian » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:53 am

I think I had it easy because I ordered the starter kit. It helped me by giving me the discipline that I wouldn't normally have but with the results that I've experienced, I have the incentive to go on with less structure. Can you say, "Works well with little or no supervision."

For those first 12 days I sifted throught the cookbooks and took down ingredients. I think the recipes are really exciting and there are some I can't wait to try. I made what I think was called the garden bean salad and it was a BIG hit.

Question: Does anybody know any approved pre- made waffles? My local Whole Foods told me that the Whole Kids Organic Waffles had been discontinued. I don't have a waffle maker and I've really been craving them. All of the ones I have looked at in several stores contain oil.
Mrs Missakian

Postby hope101 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:33 am

I haven't seen any brand of waffles here that would work--they all have either milk ingredients or oil. What I do is make a huge batch of pancakes in advance and freeze them. You can put them on cookie sheets with layers of parchment in between, then when they are hockey pucks store them in baggies. They are really easy to microwave that way. Would that satisfy the craving?
hope101

Postby Mrs Missakian » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:56 am

I think that would work. Thanks for the advice.
Mrs Missakian

Return to How to Begin