I'm also sort of new here

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

I'm also sort of new here

Postby Lee » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:09 pm

I have Dr. McDougalls book and I'm going back on this program. I felt so good when I was on it before but went off of it. I was only on it for about 6 weeks. I never felt SO good or had so much energy and slept good at night too!

Anyway I'm glad to be here and tomorrow I begin!!
Lee

"Tomorrow" is here!

Postby Clary » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:23 am

Lee wrote:I have Dr. McDougalls book and I'm going back on this program. I felt so good when I was on it before but went off of it. I was only on it for about 6 weeks. I never felt SO good or had so much energy and slept good at night too!

Anyway I'm glad to be here and tomorrow I begin!!

Hi Lee--

Well, "tomorrow" is now today!

You chose a "Lucky" day to start your program. Happy St. Patrick's Day :mrgreen: , and welcome back to McDougalling. Which book do you have, and which program are you following?

Keep us posted!
Clary

Postby hope101 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:31 am

Hi, Lee, and welcome back. If you find in the future that you are contemplating going off program for some reason, feel free to come and ask for help regarding whatever is the obstacle. This is a very supportive place where we won't beat you up if you are having problems but try to help you through them.

Have a great first day back! :D
hope101

Postby Lee » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:17 pm

Thanks Hope and Clary--This is really an easy step for me because I was already almost vegan just on my own. It is giving up oil, chips and those things that are not easy. But I'm doing it. I do need to lose weight but I have decided at this point not to do the weight loss part of McDougall but instead just what his regular book says...I only have two books, the MWL book and the Women's Health book--I may have the titles wrong, I haven't read the books for probably about a year or more. I'm going to get them out and read them again to refresh my memory.

I know I'll lose weight just going vegan. I want to lose about 35 pounds.

I've copied some recipes which will be fun to try....

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm hanging in there.

Lee
Lee

Postby hope101 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:55 pm

Lee, I'm not doing MWL either but I am losing slowly but surely. I think you will have success with the program. I figure I'll convert to MWL if and when I plateau on the regular program.
hope101

Return to How to Begin