So Happy To Find the Forum

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

So Happy To Find the Forum

Postby Kayll » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:25 am

Hi,

I've had Dr. McDougall's books for some time and have McDougalled off an on, but I never last more than a few weeks at a time. During those weeks, I feel fantastic.

When I got the email the other day about the new and improved forum, I jumped to the site. I remember the VegSource discussion area, but I just couldn't keep up with it.

So, here I am. I'm psyched to find others "talking McDougall". And I'm excited to take my health seriously! Listening to your body really helps, too, and mine has lots to say!

Here's my first ticker, too!

Oh, and you know what I have a problem with? The feast days. I was doing really good earlier this year until I allowed myself a feast day at a bridal shower. Well, the food was still around for a few days after and I couldn't help myself.

Does anyone else avoid feast days all together? They really mess me up especially because people who don't McDougall usually are relieved you are "eating their way" the SAD way... that I almost feel guilty and awkward going back to McDougalling.

Okay, this is turning into a really long post. Gotta go clean out the cubbards (i.e. getting rid of the oil used for popcorn and baking; and throwing out my indulgant pizza from yesterday).
-Kayll
www.choosetocreate.com - It's your life. How do you want to live it?
Kayll

Postby Sunny » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:00 am

Glad to have you here. :-D

Isn't it funny how we know what is good for us, that it really works but we still can't commit :question: I was the same way, on I felt great off I felt awful. :? So I am on for good. :D

About feast days~~~ I think the longer you McDougall the less you feel the urge to have SAD foods. :) I found that when I did try that I felt awful for a couple of days. :-(

This board is alot better than the old one, I really enjoy posting here. :D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Return to How to Begin