Is this for real?

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Is this for real?

Postby Sylvia Lee Brookman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:04 pm

I need a good internal cleansing program. I went online and found the link below. Please, go to the web site, and read the testimonials and look at the pictures. If this is true, it is alarming.

I am writing to ask if anyone knows of the proper foods to eat that will have the same result. I do not want to get into ordering products if I can make something for myself from natural products.

Thanks.

Sylvia

Go to this link and then give me feedback.

http://www.drnatura.com/picture_gallery.html
Sylvia Lee Brookman

Postby kribby » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:06 am

Well that was disgusting.

According to this amazon review...
http://www.amazon.com/review/R31YED1ARH ... ED1ARH7YXC

I find this product to be very misleading and overpriced for what you get. If you go to the colonix website, they will show you image after revolting image of the strange things that are supposedly cleansed from your body because of this program. What they don't tell you is that the long 'alien' looking strands that come out of your body are actually swollen strands of fiber with feces stuck to it. Now, I can see how this might act like a 'roto rooter' for your intestines, and all that fiber will surely help with constipation, but I think it is incredibly misleading to convince people they must try this program because they have long, alien-looking strands of old, toxic waste matter just waiting to be purged from their bodies. The 'rope-like' feces is a result of taking this product, NOT something that was in you to begin with.
kribby

Postby momof4 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:49 pm

Why do you feel you need an internal cleansing program?

Dr McDougall's book, Digestive Tune-Up, is a great read for understanding all things internal--I think that'd be a good place to start if you haven't read it yet (jif you don't want to buy it, you should be able to get it through an inter-library loan if your local library doesn't have it).

As far as foods to eat, eliminating animal products, if you haven't already done so, is the place to start.

Let us know what problems you're having, and we can be more helpful. :)
momof4

Return to How to Begin