not a newbie

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

not a newbie

Postby Darby » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:14 am

Hello,
I have Mcdougalled off and on for the last 6 years, but I really would like to make it a permanent lifestyle. I've lost weight easily when I ate this way, and feel so much better, but I only stay on for a short while before I fall back into my old habits. I've been vegan for 7 years, so missing meat and dairy isn't really the problem.

This time I have my husband on board, and since we both did Mary's mini diet last Summer with wonderful results, he knows what a good way of eating this is. My husband has high blood pressure and high cholesterol and at only 36 years old, he thinks he may have to take medication. So we have a very good reason to do this. I'm about 50 lbs overweight, but luckily I have no health problems. He is probably about 30 lbs overweight.

I'm excited to be here again and hopefully will have good news to report soon!
Darby

Postby Autumn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:38 pm

Hello Darby :D and welcome!
Autumn

Postby Lin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:43 am

It's nice to have you here. Welcome, and best wishes on committing to this program. :-D
Lin

Let all that you do be done in love.
(1 Cor. 16: 14)
Lin

Postby Doris » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:22 am

Darby,

Welcome! Keep us posted with all your good news. By the way, I think it is wonderful, that your dh is on board also. Should be fun!

:)
Doris

Return to How to Begin