Question regarding diet ticker.

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Question regarding diet ticker.

Postby LuAnn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:03 pm

I have gone to the website and created my ticker, now I just need to know how to attach it to my posts.
LuAnn

Postby VeggieSue » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:11 pm

You have to go into your Profile and add it to the signature box near the bottom of the page. You can go to the Sandbox forum to test it to see if it works for you.
VeggieSue

A bit more specific help needed, please...

Postby LuAnn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:59 pm

Thanks, Veggie Sue.

I guess I'm a little newer to this than you realize!

OK, I have my Ticker, obtained from the website ticker.com. Do I just copy the url at the top of the with my finished ticker, and where I can edit the information and use that for my signature? And if so, where do I paste the url. I tried pasting it in the avatar area (even though I didn't think it was an avatar, but it was the only place I saw that asked for a url!).

One more related question. Once I've gotten it attached, does it update automatically when it appears on the forum, everytime I update it.

Can someone please walk me through this a little more slowly. THANKS so much!
LuAnn

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:23 am

You would take the code from the ticker place that's for the bbCode and place it in the Signature block, not the avatar. Avatars are those little pictures to the left of the message, where your name, location, number of posts to date are.

I just updated and added my ticker to make sure I was getting the details right. I goofed earlier and put the wrong code in the space and was wondering why it wasn't showing. Oops! :oops:

Yes, it will automatically update when you change your stats on the ticker site, as long as you use the "update ticker" link instead of making a new ticker each time your weight changes or you want to change graphics.
VeggieSue

I see your Ticker...

Postby LuAnn » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:36 am

Let see if I see mine! (It worked over at the sandbox).

Yes, there it is, good job, VeggieSue! Thanks for the patient coaching!

Now you see what developing and testing over 500 recipes did to me.
(Nothing that a few months of intense MWL McDougalling can't undo)!
LuAnn

Return to How to Begin