Which is the best forum for sharing recipes?

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Which is the best forum for sharing recipes?

Postby LuAnn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:07 pm

I'm not sure which is the best forum for finding or sharing recipes. What do you suggest?
LuAnn

Postby serenity » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:42 pm

I wonder if I am not understanding your question? There is a Food and Recipe forum, and I'm sure I've seen you post there. So, maybe you could elaborate about what you are asking?
serenity

So is Food and Recipes the preferred place?

Postby LuAnn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:24 pm

I've only been a regular visitor for a week or so, and though I have hopped around from place to place, learning what I can, and contributing when I think I may have something of value to share, I wasn't sure if that was the place to post - oh say for instance, something tasty someone put together for lunch, or a recipe they'd tried from one of their cookbooks and thought someone else might like to try.... I know if I OPEN Food and Recipe threads, I can often find more recipes, but I guess I just expected to see more subject lines names of recipes.

Someone had suggested posting recipes on the Roberta's Corner Forum, but that seems to be more a place to just list what's been eaten, rather than actual recipes.

Thanks for your response, I'll lbe watching for your abergine avatar!
LuAnn

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:00 pm

I'd put it on the food and recipe. You can also ask if anyone knows how to prepare something. I know you don't need that :)
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Thank you, Faith,

Postby LuAnn » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:53 pm

BUT, I'm still learning, will be all my life - I hope! Just this last week (my first at the McDougall forums), I found an idea I'd never run across: making rice milk from cream of rice cereal. I was in my element in the kithcen: measuring, tasting, comparing, taking notes etc.

I was just curious. I didn't see many recipe posts, at least not until I opened a discussion and found them as part of the thread. Has anyone considered making an archive of the recipes that are posted?

Now you see what developing and testing over 500 recipes did to me.
(Nothing that a few months of intense MWL McDougalling can't undo)!
LuAnn

Return to How to Begin