another newbie

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

another newbie

Postby nana3boys » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I enjoy reading all of your posts, everyone is so interesting and informative. I hope I can contribute some. I've been lurking since spring and working on eating Vegan and my husband is eating along with me at dinner.
My reason to eat vegan is I have RA and and I have been looking for something or anything to make me better without drugs. I tried Marys Mini for several weeks and then changed Drs in the middle of doing Marys Mini, long story short she said I didn't have any inflamation.Three months later at my second Dr appt she does a blood test and then writes me a letter and states that my tests are now Normal, she underlined normal!
She then lowered my meds by half.She is a rheumy
My husband also has Lupus and his is also normal. Isn't that fantastic?
When we eat SAD we start feeling bad.
Thanks for listening to my story.

Angie
nana3boys

Postby Jackie J » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:37 pm

that's fantastic - congratulations and welcome aboard
Jackie J

Postby 5underfoot » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi Angie!

Love the name, my eldest girl's name, too. Nice to hear that your husband is also eating vegan with you, and that you are both feeling better.
I am showing signs of lupus (joint pain, mild butterfly rash, and a few other things), going back to the doc tomorrow. I've been hoping this diet helps that, too. I know it improves my Type II diabetes when I stick to it.

keep posting! It's encouraging.
Lisa
5underfoot

5underfoot

Postby nana3boys » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:57 pm

Hello to you Lisa,
My eldest daughter is named Lisa, isn't that funny.
I hope you do well with your tests at the Drs. I feel that the diet is the key to health.It really helps the immune system to eat a low fat plant diet.
And don't you feel better when you do? I have more energy which I love.
I do exercise by walking on the treadmill and doing Palates ,I can't spell tonite for some reason.
Anyway good luck, and let me know how it goes.

Angie
nana3boys

Return to How to Begin