12 day Menu

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

12 day Menu

Postby Lvs2sing » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi Everyone!

I stumbled upon Dr McDougall's website when doing research for preventing/curing diabetes. I don't have the disease, but my age and weight certainly factor into making me an exceptional candidate. My tests have come back borderline and my physician told me that I need to make some definate lifestyle changes.

I plan on starting the 12 day meal program - after I make a trip to my health food store.

I noticed that the daily menus indicate the number of servings per recipe. Does this mean that for example: you can only eat 1 burrito for dinner given that the recipe makes 10 - 12 ??? Or is this really ..an all you can eat menu? ...not that I'll eat 10 -12 burritos..but a bowl of soup and a bean burrito just won't be enough to fill me up..or is that the idea here.. shrink the stomach?

Thanks for your helpful answers in advance!
Lvs2sing

Postby Doris » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:44 pm

Lvs2sing,

You may have more than one serving if you wish. You eat until you are satisfied. I would suggest that you don't forget to have plenty of veggies also. By the way, you should be able to find almost everything you need to start at your local grocery store. I wish you a great McDougall journey.

:)
Doris

Postby Lvs2sing » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:38 pm

Doris -

Thank you for the info. I have been reading many of the success stories in this forum and I am very encouraged and excited to get started.

I am 50 years old- 258 lbs, have IBS, high blood pressure, acid reflux and currently going through menopause. I also just had my first kidney stone.. ye haw! It's time to "get off the pot" so to speak if I want to live to see any grandchildren.

I hope to be another success story down the road!

~Bonni
Lvs2sing

Hello from Bolivar

Postby Ladybug » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Welcome Lvs2sing.
I just sent you a P.M. Hope you got it.
Ladybug :-D
Ladybug

Return to How to Begin