McDougall/RAVE Diet differences

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

McDougall/RAVE Diet differences

Postby stonefiddle » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:26 pm

I am trying follow McDougall somewhat. I have a friend who went on the RAVE diet to help improve cardio-vascular health. He wants me to try it too. What is the difference? I don't know much about the RAVE diet yet except that it is not a doctor who wrote the book about it.
stonefiddle

Postby KareninTN » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:59 pm

Not so different.

No Refined foods
No Animal products
No Vegetable oils
No Exceptions ( and Exercise)

karenturtle
KareninTN

Re: McDougall/RAVE Diet differences

Postby serenity » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:35 pm

stonefiddle wrote:I am trying follow McDougall somewhat. I have a friend who went on the RAVE diet to help improve cardio-vascular health. He wants me to try it too. What is the difference? I don't know much about the RAVE diet yet except that it is not a doctor who wrote the book about it.

If I'm not mistaken, Dr. Esselstyn appears in the RAVE video. There are numerous doctors who advocate plant-based, whole food eating plans. I haven't read the RAVE book yet, but I don't think there is any difference from McDougall, at least not in substance.

So, you can tell your friend that you are already doing it. Of course, it isn't a diet in the sense of something you go on and go off of. If you've spent much time around here, you know that most of us view this as a lifestyle, something that will continue to support our good health.

Dr. McDougall has said that this is not an all or nothing program. But the more you do, the more you get out of it. Most of us are imperfect, but we keep getting better at it. Some approach it slowly and some approach it all at once. Maybe that's the main difference between you and your friend rather than the name of your eating plan.
serenity

Return to How to Begin