New and Need Help

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New and Need Help

Postby Dee23 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi there,
My name is Depree and I am 23 years old. I have been struggling with some food addictions and disorders and am slowly getting help for those. I was wondering what food do you all eat normally on a daily basis? I was also looking for some advice on those who have spouses that won't adopt the McDougall's way of eating? My husband good and has stated to me that he would never ever give up meat and such so.... any advice on how to stay strong through all of that. :D
Dee23

Postby Doris » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:49 pm

Hi Dee23,

Welcome to the board. It is always nice to have another McDougaller.

You asked how to cope with a spouse who doesn't follow the McDougall program. I simply prepare 2 different meals. One for me and one for my dh. Sometime the meals are similar, I just add some meat to his meal. I don't try to change him. He in turn is very supportive of me and my way of eating.

You also asked about foods that McDougallers eat on a daily basis. That is much harder to answer because there are so many choices. Some of us post our meal plans on Roberta's Corner (what's cookin thread), so check that thread out.

I find that having foods prepared and ready to reheat in my fridge or freezer really helps. So take the time to prepare your foods. You are important!

I wish you the best,
Doris :)
Doris

Postby Dee23 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:08 am

Hi there thanks! My husband is also supportive. I will probably cook two similar but different meals as I have two little ones running around and it's hard enough for me to prepare one meal! Thanks for the advice! I have my food planned out for tomorrow. Just one day at a time right? Thanks again!
Depree
Dee23

Return to How to Begin