Hi all! (starting tomorrow)

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hi all! (starting tomorrow)

Postby havfaith » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:09 pm

I've decided to follow the McDougall Program for about 2 weeks waiting for my copy of MWL to arrive (just ordered it tonight). :-D I've been a vegetarian for about 20 years (since jr high) and have been working my way toward a vegan diet for awhile. Though I'm a long-term veggie, I still have a weight problem - poor food choices and just being lazy. :? I lost 50 lbs eating better and exercising the last couple years but have but have put back on about 20 of that after some personal ups and downs last winter/spring. I've just made a major move and am starting over in a new town/state and am ready for changes! I'm ready to take it (and more) back off by cleaning up my food intake and starting exercising again. I know this works! I've had a couple McDougall books for years and have used recipes from them fairly regularly over the years (just not regularly enough).

I'd love to have people who understand and can support my efforts and who I can support as well. I'm so glad to have this message board! :-D
havfaith

Postby LJ » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:12 am

Welcome havfaith...I'm new to the forum too but I already love it!! I need the support too that this board has to offer. I'm always surrounded by carnivores in real life.

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Welcome to the board...

Postby Sunny » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:56 am

Glad to have you here Havfaith. :-D You sure have made alot of new changes, to me that is a good thing, I like a challenge, I always try to look at the upside of these things, it keeps me sane. :-D It sounds like you do too. :-D
Everyone on the McDougall board is very helpful so don't hesitate to ask
questons. :)
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby havfaith » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:41 pm

One week in and already 7 pounds down! Couldn't have asked for a better start. :-D
http://stashingless.blogspot.com/
http://delusionsofdomesticity.blogspot.com/
havfaith

Return to How to Begin