One More Newbie

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

One More Newbie

Postby Beezy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:17 pm

Hello everyone

I heard about this way of eating from my sister who was diagnosed with breast cancer last month. I jumped right in and started on the MWL diet along with exercise. This is my ninth day. I'm hoping to lose a few pounds, get off my blood pressure medication, and hopefully stave off cancer and heart disease. It's taking me a while to absorb all the information on this site. I found Star McDougaller Uncle Buck to be an inspiration. I printed his list of helpful hints.

I'm wondering how bad it is to use nonfat mayo from a regular grocery store. I'm using it mixed with a little vinegar and dijon mustard on my salads. I have an acid problem with lemon and vinegar because of my GERD. I did see a recipe for homemade mayo, but it's so much easier to get it out of a jar! Any suggestions for salad dressing will be appreciated.
Beezy

Postby Doris » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi Beezy,

Welcome to the board. Remember, this isn't an all or nothing diet. Do the best that you can. I don't think the regular fat free mayo (like Kraft's) is McDougall. I use it from time to time (my dh likes it), There are some vegan fat free mayo products out there. I use the fat free nayonaise and it is pretty good. I like your idea of mixing the mayo with mustard.

Happy McDougalling,
Doris :)
Doris

Postby Beezy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:54 pm

Hello Doris

Thanks for your welcome and the excellent advice. I appreciate the time you've taken to reply. I wish you success.
Beezy

Return to How to Begin