Hi everyone! I'm new to the board & to McDougall

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hi everyone! I'm new to the board & to McDougall

Postby val » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:17 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Val and this is my first day of being on the McDougall diet. I have lots of weight to lose. I weigh 266 and need to be around 120. I had an EKG yesterday and also did the other tests as suggested in the book, and will have all the results on Friday.

I've been a vegetarian (for ethical reasons) for a couple years, but was a very unhealthy vegetarian. I ate lots of high fat foods, and had too much packaged foods and the weight just piled on. I also rarely exercised!!

I'm really excited about being on this diet. I didn't feel like I was dieting at all today, as I could eat whenever I was hungry. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here, and to losing lots of weight! :-)

So glad I found this wonderful board!!

Val
val

Glad you found us!

Postby S B » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:45 pm

Sounds like you are off to a good start!

Welcome!
`
I believe we McDougallers can have a loud enough voice to influence enough people to cut back on livestock consumption/farming that we CAN have a positive impact on global warming -- if we REALLY try!
S B

Postby DianeR » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:25 pm

Welcome! I think you will find that you feel so much better eating the McD way.
DianeR

Postby Doris » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:03 pm

Val, welcome ! This board is a great place to receive support and lots of useful tips to help you on your McDougall Journey. I wish the best. :)
Doris

Great to have you here~~~

Postby Sunny » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:50 am

You came to the right place :-D Very supportive board and good advice.
It is so nice to be able to eat when you are hungry instead of having little portions and starving. :? We also have a Saturday weigh in on Roberta's
Corner forum, I think it helps alot of us keep in check with ourselves. :-D
Check it out ~~~ :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Thanks everyone!

Postby val » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:58 pm

Thanks everyone for responding. I'll check out the weigh-in corner, and post there too.

Val
val

Postby phillyrv » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:24 am

:-D
Hi & welcome to the Mcdougall way of eating!!! You'll find lots of support here, good recipes, ideas on just about every way to stay healthy, fit, and keep with this type of lifestyle.
Phyllis
:cool:
phillyrv

Re: Hi everyone! I'm new to the board & to McDougall

Postby smithdavid4321 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi Friends,
My name is Smith, I am new here.
I heard from people that it was a good place to communicate and learn information.
I hope that I learn a bunch of information while I am here and I hope that I can help to others as well.
protein powder
smithdavid4321

Postby doublenickel » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:57 am

Val, just curious--as an unhealthy vegetarian, were you eating dairy? That'll really put and keep the weight on, in my experience. I'm not alone in this, but I think if you had to choose just one thing to eliminate from your diet, it should be dairy. Unfortunately, that's often the hardest one! :-)
doublenickel

Postby doublenickel » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:59 am

smithdavid4321 wrote:Hi Friends,
My name is Smith, I am new here.
I heard from people that it was a good place to communicate and learn information.
I hope that I learn a bunch of information while I am here and I hope that I can help to others as well.

So's mine. There are a few of us around. Welcome!
doublenickel

Postby NatureRabbi » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:39 pm

I am more than new -- I start tomorrow -- but I gathered grains and veggies to have the cupboard stocked. I, like Val, was an unhealthy vegetarian -- too much cheese and butter and have about 70 pounds to lose.

I am on the go a lot, so need to work this plan into my schedule. I bought some McDougall soups at the store and can leave them in my car for lunch on the go.

Having dieted for years -- yoyo -- I am truly hoping that this will be a lifestyle change that I can adopt for a healthy and fit next chapter of my life.

I think a message board may be helpful for support. Let me know good or helpful threads for encouragement and motivation.

ann
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2hFRfm/]
[/url]

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN AND HEALTHY FEELS.
NatureRabbi

Return to How to Begin