New here.

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New here.

Postby Mollymom » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi , I am just over two weeks into the plant based whole food no oil way of eating.
I decided to give it a try recommended by family .
I am 69 years old. Been type 2 diabetic approx. 17 years.
I am now on insulin 4 times a day. Three years ago I quit smoking after having a heart attack , had stent put in.
Since then I gained so much weight that I’m ashamed of it . I’m also on multiple medications .
Can I lose weight on this diet regardless of the meds I’m on? Including the insulin?
I have already been able to lower some of my daily insulin doses , so that’s encouraging . My weight isn’t moving much .
Will things improve as my insulin doses go down?
Thanks mollymom
Mollymom

Re: New here.

Postby Mollymom » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:35 pm

Is it harder to lose weight. When we are on insulin?
Molly
Mollymom

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:21 pm

Hi Molly. You are totally on the right track. Being on insulin will not prevent you from losing weight. Some medications might make it go a little slower. Here are some links that you might find helpful: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48609#p500426

There is also a monthly support group. Feel free to join anytime. Weigh ins are on Friday.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59073

I like to think if this not as losing weight, but as getting healthier. And healthy people maintain a healthy weight. It just goes hand-in-hand!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Mollymom » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:53 pm

Thank you Lindsey! I just checked back in today . Looks like I need to do some more reading . I’m sure it will help me in the long run .
I appreciate your help
Thanks
Molly
Mollymom

Return to How to Begin