Finally determined to do the Maximum Weight Loss Program

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Finally determined to do the Maximum Weight Loss Program

Postby BullFrog » Thu May 02, 2019 9:20 am

Hello,

My name is Jeremiah and I am 35 years old, 6 foot tall, do a decent amount of calisthenics, but weigh in at a sad weight of 231.4 lbs. I have been vegan for 7 years and often succumb to emotional eating (mainly eat food when bored or to enhance an experience even when I'm not hungry). I have been addressing my emotional issues and food addictions as of late and I am not only ready, but thoroughly determined to do the Maximum Weight Loss program so I can finally be comfortable in my own skin! I am starting off by trying this program for the month of May (so a personal 30 day challenge). I aim to lose 12 pounds, exercise every day for 30 minutes, and I have already prepped my snack food for the week with the accompanying chopped veggies. I have allowed myself two exceptions only. Sunday nights, I will allow myself 3 oz of my favorite spirit, and on May 26th for my daughters birthday, I will eat one Beyond Meat burger. Outside of that, I am 100% following everything McDougall suggested, INCLUDING coming on this forum and being involved with like minded people (and hopefully some accountability!).

Thanks to all for reading my post and look forward to reporting back on my progress. It will be hard...but not nearly so hard as to have to face the way I currently look in the mirror every day.

It's the food!
BullFrog

Re: Finally determined to do the Maximum Weight Loss Program

Postby kirkj » Thu May 02, 2019 4:22 pm

I would never be as hard on anyone else as I am on myself. Having learned that from trying and failing on innumberable diets, I am very leery of setting weight loss goals, exercise goals etc. for myself. You're in it for the long haul and it's OK if you only lose 6 pounds in May, or even less.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!
Kirk
kirkj

Re: Finally determined to do the Maximum Weight Loss Program

Postby amandamechele » Sat May 11, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi Jeremiah,

Good luck this month with your challenge!

We have a weigh-in group on the forums for those following the MWL program, if you are interested in that kind of support or accountability. Feel free to come by and chat with us about how you are doing.

Amy

May 2019 MWL Weigh In Thread
amandamechele

Return to How to Begin