Is this possible????

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Is this possible????

Postby CraftyeLadye » Wed May 07, 2008 9:33 am

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum although 10 years ago I lost 60 pounds on the McDougall plan. I eventually went back to SAD. Now I am diabetic (insulin dependent type 2). I have had manymany health issues in the past year or so and I am so sick of it. The most recent was that I was sick from February 08-April 08 and the doctor told me I have pre-asthma (whatever that is). I also have sleep apnea and pre-hypertension and migraines. Anyway to make a long story short I decided enough is enough and I am tired of lining the pharmaceutical company pockets.

I started Mary's mini on Monday, May 5 (2 days ago, today is day 3) I promised myself I would not weigh until next Monday, but I could not resist and stepped on the scale this morning. I lost 9 pounds! In 2 days, is this really possible?? I did read the more you have to lose the faster it comes off in the beginning. Is this just water weight? Has anyone else had similar results?
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

Postby dlb » Wed May 07, 2008 11:38 am

It is possible because it happened :-D

My guess would be that it is mostly water weight. However, unless you have a scale that shows the breakdown it is impossible to know.

Whatever it is, it is a good beginning. Taking any first step toward better health is a good beginning. In my opinion that first step is always the hardest. Congratulations!

donna
dlb

Postby CraftyeLadye » Wed May 07, 2008 12:29 pm

Thanks Donna,

I am still just kind of floating. My blood sugar was 325 on Monday and today it is 140, which is great because it is moving in the right direction. I can't wait to get further along and have some bloodwork done. I just had some done last week, so in three months I should be sitting pretty with everything.
Lisa
CraftyeLadye

wonderful!

Postby healthyME » Thu May 08, 2008 12:52 am

It's wonderful how eating real and healthy food can clean up your body so remarkable and so fast, isn't it?

I understand you elation. The healing from this plan is awesome. I went from feeling really bad because of detox to feeling really good in a matter of days.

Sheila
healthyME

Return to How to Begin