New...again

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New...again

Postby xanthia » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:33 am

Hiya!

A long time ago I was active on the vegsource board and lost 40 lbs in about 4 months. I kept it off for quite a while until I slowly reintroduced the fat and cheese *sigh* Then I had my thyroid out and my body has been a mess for a year and I've gained way too much of my lost weight.

I've monitored so much, but now I'm 18 over my goal where I am happy to fit in my size 9/10 clothes. I know it isn't much but with me averaging a 1/4 lb weightloss pre surgery with 8-10 hrs or aerobic exercise a week it might take awhile with my really horrible "new" metabolism.

My weakness is I love to bake (vegan of course) and I love chips and nuts. I just have to keep it out of the house. I think I'm hooked on refined sugar and this plan will help nix those cravings, I already know that!

So, I'll be lurking around, trying to get motivated. As if fitting in my darn pants isn't motivating enough!
xanthia

Postby prairiedream » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:43 am

Welcome! I'm a fellow thyroid patient, though have not had surgery. I know what you mean about those bad foods sneaking back into your diet, it has happened to me, too, and I'm currently trying to squelch a binge habit that has developed.

I hope you like it here, this board is definitely easier to navigate than vegsource's! :)
prairiedream

Postby xanthia » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Oh yeah, I really love the improvements. I have a habit of binging on junk right when I get home from work, so I know I have to work on that. At least starting with having cut up good stuff at my fingertips. That is probably when I consume my most calories...before dinner. Hah!
xanthia

thyroid

Postby ncyg46 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:30 pm

when I was at the celebrity three day Dr McDougall said i should watch my thyroid numbers cause I was 3.8 something, within range but on the high side...gonna go to a new Dr soon but was just curious about your numbers. My sister told me she was really high and is on meds. I am trying to get off all of the stuff I take already! (blood pressure and cholesterol meds....) just frustrating.... :eek:
ncyg46

Return to How to Begin