Newbie introduction

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Newbie introduction

Postby Iloveveggies » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:59 am

Hi Everyone! :-D

Just want to introduce myself: I'm a single lady in my 50's and I've been lurking for awhile. I first did McDougall many years ago, like in 1993. I belonged to the old McDougall boards on GEnie...a long time ago! I had great success with the McDougall plan, along with exercise, I lost probably around 40 lbs. and looked and felt wonderful. Then I had marital problems and got divorced and with the stress of that, plus a new stressful job etc., I slowly went back to slipping in cheese, chicken and well, you know the story. :cry: Then, I went to a weight doctor, went on drugs, lost weight again...yada yada yada, tried many things since. Same familiar story.

I've been on McDougall now for about three weeks. At first I felt really tired, guess it was my body detoxing, but now I'm starting to feel great again and more positive! I was 'let go' from my job about two months ago, unfortunately, but I'm job hunting and using this time off to make positive changes in my life, of course, one of them going back to a vegan lifestyle. Not only am I feeling better but I'm keeping food costs down while unemployed. BUT, I'm eating great, good food, lots of veggies, brown rice and beans and potatoes! I had kept my McDougall 12-day book over these many years thankfully.

Well, this is my story. I hope to be here to participate in discussions, learn from the rest of you, get ideas for meal planning, etc.
~All about health~
Iloveveggies

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:13 am

I'm so glad you found your way back and used your brains instead of your emotions, especially when you got the boot. yes, many of us have a favorite dish of brown rice and black/pinto beans with corn and salsa. Can't get any more filling or cheaper than that. I throw shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes too.

Times really are tought right now. Keep making positive changes because the positive attitude shows through in interviews.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Doris » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi Iloveveggies,

Welcome! It is always nice to have another McDougaller here. Looking forward to future posts.

Doris :)
Doris

Postby Iloveveggies » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:26 am

Thank you for the warm welcome! :)
~All about health~
Iloveveggies

Postby Autumn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:34 pm

Welcome :-D
Autumn

hi

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:39 pm

welcome!!
ncyg46

Postby Iloveveggies » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:25 am

Thanks again All! I'm loving this place!! I'm going to start a journal in a few days I think! :-)
~All about health~
Iloveveggies

Welcome

Postby library momma » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:36 am

I'd like to welcome you, too, as a newbie myself. I keep going back and forth -- eating better, eating not so great. I'll do well for a few days or a week, but then, I start eating a lot of bread and vegan "treats," basically vegan versions of the SAD fare.

It's good to hear that it took someone a couple of weeks of eating right to start feeling better. That's one of the things that's discouraged me. Thanks for sharing your story.
library momma

Return to How to Begin