I think ... I'm going to start McDougalling again

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

I think ... I'm going to start McDougalling again

Postby slugmom » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:50 pm

I'm waffling at the edge of deciding to start McDougalling again.

We followed the program for awhile. We were pleased with the weight loss and health gains but succumbed to SAD food too often and eventually just drifted away.

But I need to lose some weight.

I've also been feeling very tired and "foggy" lately. I am hoping that returning to a healthy eating plan will help me regain my physical and mental energy.

but I have to admit I'm intimidated to try again, I feel like I failed at this before.

:-(
Kim
- Kim

slugmom

Postby hope101 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:39 am

Kim, you are not a failure, just human. Pick yourself up and just do it. You know you will feel better for the effort alone, nevermind the health benefits. Isn't feeling this bad worse than the effort it takes to eat well?
hope101

Postby slugmom » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:11 pm

Thanks Hope101, you're right, feeling bad about it isn't any better than just getting up and trying again.

So I've been following pretty close to the program today.

Tonight I have a Christmas party dinner for my husband's work, so I won't be able to be a strict McDougaller, but I can aim for "sensible".

Tomorrow I'll continue in earnest.

Thanks for the encouragement.

:)
- Kim

slugmom

Postby convinced » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:51 pm

HI Kim, Like you, I have done well with McDougalling, but then gradually started allowing the junk back in and after a year of that and now constantly achey joints, I'm convinced that this is the way I need to eat. I am wavering between doing the MWL or Mary's mini. For now, the MWL and I just started this on Saturday, and then maybe I'll get stocked up on potatoes and do the Mini! I want to lose 30 pounds and not have sore joints anymore.

So, don't give up, every failure is an opportunity to learn and do better.
convinced

Return to How to Begin