Hi good people

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hi good people

Postby lostingeorgia » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Just wanted to say hi to all

I am new to the forums but not new to the website I have been lingering for guite some time now I have read Dr McDougall's books- one of them twice and I have been receiving his newsletter too

but now that I recently found out that I have a cholesterol level of 219 HDL is 54 and LDL is 145 :cry:

I am becoming pretty certain that I have to change my ways
I have studied nutrition quite extensively and Dr McDougall's way makes the most sense plus he backs it up with research and testimonials

my only problem will be that I am a bread and sweet lover

and that I have a job where I have to give medications and do pt teaching according to the hospital protocol
( that I do not believe will benefit the pt )
and therefore is causing a lot of stress for me at work
also there is the terrible hospital food !

any suggestions good folks ? :)
lostingeorgia

Postby TominTN » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:04 am

Hi, Georgia. Welcome to the group.

Your situation sounds very difficult to me. Seems like it would be difficult to teach information one doesn't believe in. I hope you find the support here to make the changes needed to support your well-being.

Tom
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're probably right.

Weight Loss Through the Magic of Calorie Density: http://wp.me/p1utH8-v
TominTN

Postby lostingeorgia » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 pm

thank you for the welcome :-D

yes I actually get abdominal cramps and lose sleep when I have to go to work

I have been searching for a new job for some time now but I am not having any luck

I would love to work with someone who has the same philosophy I do

all they want to do here is place you on meds more meds and even more meds and then teach you about the importance of meds !!!!!!
lostingeorgia

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:32 am

Yeah sounds like our good ole typical practice of medicine. Hope you find something soon.

On hospital food, not sure when you have to take lunch/dinner, but in my local hospital only during peak hours they do have a lovely salad bar. I was pleased. But when I went off peak, it was only bad, snacky, fried foods.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby lostingeorgia » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:30 am

thank you tom and faith
:-)
lostingeorgia

Return to How to Begin