Technically...

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Technically...

Postby Goosetracks » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:22 am

I'm not a newbie. I'm more of a re-tread.

It's going to take a bit to get back into the groove. I've forgotten how to do-the-McDougall, but I have all the books. And ya'll. :)

A year ago, July 1st, I was at the lowest weight I'd been for years and years. 180. Then, whatever hit the fan and stuff starting going amuck everywhere and I started eating anything and everything that wasn't still breathing and or moving. If it wasn't nailed down, I ate it. And the "FULL" button stopped working again. There wasn't a "FULL" anymore.

So, here I am today. I weight more now that I ever have, around 100 lbs more than that July not so long ago.

I hurt. I'm exhausted. I'm basically inert. I'm embarrassed, ashamed and pissed as heck. The only way I see out of this is coming here, getting back to the McDougall program and NOT giving up.

I did it before, I can do it again.

One day at a time. One meal at a time. One second at a time.

ONWARD!
Arline
Goosetracks

Postby Faith in DC » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:13 am

Arline
You were Goose something on the other board were you?

Hugs, you do know how many times folks go on and off. You are not alone. It does taking finding your Why to do this program. Either that or solitude. With families and outside forces it makes it hard. To do really good find the compelling reason and keep it in your mind daily. I forgive myself on any little slips and don't even call it that. I plan, and precook, but most of all I don't stress over it. I strive to do the best I can. I'm not perfect. But I'm closer than I ever have been. I wake up each day and remind myself that my health is in my hands.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Adrienne » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:14 am

Hi Arline

Welcome back. Like you said you did it before, so you can do it again! Hopefully you will have an easier time sticking with it this time.

Good luck
Adrienne

Postby Goosetracks » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, Faith, I've always been Goose on this forum or on the one that was before this one. I remember you. :)

Thanks for the encouragement.

ONWARD!
Goosetracks

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:34 am

Oh wonderful. so glad you found your way back.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby rogermoore » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:13 pm

Arline - Welcome back!
Roger Moore, PhD
http://www.hypnosishealthinfo.com
http://www.slenderforlife.com
rogermoore

Postby ladynnred1 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:34 pm

Arline,
Think in terms of recapturing your health. You can do that or you wouldn't be writing!

Thinking the best to you,
Cynthia
ladynnred1

Return to How to Begin