Newbie in Philly

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Newbie in Philly

Postby cindder » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:32 am

Hi, I was wondering if you can really lose weight on this program? I have tried so many and none seem to work too well. Im already a vegan so the menus on this program should be easy. I was going to start SouthBeach but the menus were limiting for being vegan and not eating eggs...It seems limiting carbs does work though..

Thanks for your help! Sorting through all these programs can be exhausting!
cindder

Postby Letha » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:55 am

Welcome Cindder,
If you are a vegan looking to lose weight then you found the right spot. I’d start by checking out one or more of McDougall’s books from your local library. There is a recent thread with a poll where folks have voted for the book that’s been most inspirational to them.

Tell us what you like to eat and perhaps we can give you some quick start tips.
Letha
Letha

Postby Adrienne » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:26 pm

Yes this program definitely works. Diets that limit carbs work because they limit overall calories.

Here is a really good link on why this plan works

http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2007nl/sep/if.htm
Adrienne

Postby Faith in DC » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:29 pm

It works if you work it and do all components of it. That includes exercise. Now, you do have to be aware of your appetite and know what satisfied means. I think some folks may over eat because they are use to the full feeling. I personally also eat a lot of vegetables. I think they are healthy, but I don't ignore my whole grains either.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to How to Begin