Restarting

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Restarting

Postby heavenstomurgie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:33 pm

I used to follow the McDougall program several years ago, and enjoyed it. However, the SAD way of life took over and through the past few years I have watched my weight balloon and now need to lose about 145 pounds. I plan on following the 12-Day program to get myself jumpstarted. Depending on the rate of weight loss, I may move to the MWLP. I am looking forward to starting again and regaining my health.

Amber
heavenstomurgie

Re: Restarting

Postby Letha » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:21 am

heavenstomurgie wrote:I used to follow the McDougall program several years ago, and enjoyed it. However, the SAD way of life took over and through the past few years I have watched my weight balloon and now need to lose about 145 pounds. I plan on following the 12-Day program to get myself jumpstarted. Depending on the rate of weight loss, I may move to the MWLP. I am looking forward to starting again and regaining my health.

Amber

Hi Amber,
Welcome aboard. I look forward to hearing more about your journey. Let us know if we can help.
Letha
Letha

Welcome!

Postby walker1 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:41 am

Amber,
Welcome! I think starting with the 12-day, then assessing where you are is a good plan.

Best of luck, and let us know if you have any questions.

Nancy
walker1

Postby Dale Jackson » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:32 am

Welcome back to McDougalling. I am sort of doing both the 12 Day program and MWL. I try to do MWL, but if I slip up I do the 12 Day rather than slipping back into SAD. That way I know I am at least eating healthy. :)
Dale Jackson

Postby Faith in DC » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:04 pm

welcome aboard

One small tip, Learn to live the program. Don't worry about the rate of weight loss, it's what you do long term that makes the biggest impact. You will have ups and downs, and hard times to get through, and fun times to get through. That's called life. Learning to live the program with little snarls along the way is a good non-stressful way to procede.

I've taken 3 years to get off 65.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to How to Begin