anybody use any dance videos?

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

anybody use any dance videos?

Postby victw » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:51 am

I'm looking for some variety in my workout. I tried the local jazzercise - but just didn't like it. Couldn't hear the instructor - and the moves weren't as dancy as I thought they would be.

I walk everyday - but I need more variety and I'm a slow walker - so I don't think I'm elevating my heart rate enough.

So what video/dvds do you use? Average workout time? Why do you like the one your using.

Thanks.
Vicki
victw

Postby hope101 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:27 pm

Sorry, victw, I can't be of any help on the dance tapes, but I know I have seen DVD's with the heading "cardiosalsa", or even learn to tap videos at the library. If no one responds here, can you check out what you have available to rent before you buy? Dance is an excellent workout. I do an instructor-lead dance class that takes 1 1/2 hours twice to three times a week and LOVE it. That time flies like no other because I am so focussed on learning the steps and following, and they keep adding and changing steps.

I also have been known to just do freestyle in the house (with the curtains closed) to some good music on days it is too cool to want to go for a walk.

I hope you find what you are looking for.
hope101

Postby hope101 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:29 pm

Oh, also, keep checking out what is available in your community. A lot of colleges offer salsa, hip hop these days. Community leagues will often host classes, and the YMCA will often have classes you can do as a drop-in to try.
hope101

Return to Exercise and Fitness