P90X ~~~ Plyometrics

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

P90X ~~~ Plyometrics

Postby Sunny » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:24 am

What great fun that was this morning ~~~ I Love it !!! :-D
Lot's of squatting, leaping and landing on your toes. I did have to modify some moves a little because of my left knee (I can't jump as high), but not too badly. :-D
I even saw Tony (instructor) sweat a little, I think ??? his forehead looked moist, other than that he doesn't do much sweating :confused:
Tomorrow shoulders and arms~~~ I can't wait :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby groundhogg » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:37 pm

Plyometrics is total insanity!!!

At first I thought it was fun, then I started dreading it...then it got to where it made me feel nauseous and kinda almost faint-like (possibly because the on ly spot I have to do this is right in front of our woodstove--the hottest part of the house!!)...now...I'm getting the moves down better, even surprising myself at what I CAN do...but it seems tougher to me now than it did at first.

They are fun moves. I can't do that rockstar thing or the thing where you jump up and hit your hands with your knees...those are too much of a bladder challenge for me to deal with.

The amazing thing is, though, that some things I couldn't do when we started this (because of a bladder injury) I can NOW do...like jumping jacks, hopping on one foot, and some other things I couldn't do when we first got this thing...that's weird, I think! I'm happy though. It makes me think one of these days I'll try the rock star jump and that other one, and suddenly surpise myself even more!!!
groundhogg

Postby Sunny » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:53 am

Maybe the AB Ripper X is tightening things up and the bladder is better protected ??? Just a thought :-D I like the tire exercise, that's my favorite so far. :-D
All the Best,
Sunny
MWL 99.9% 12 Day .1 % Always McDougall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunny

Postby groundhogg » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:52 am

Well, I've wondered about that. I've spent decades searching and trying various things to fix up the bladder on my own, with only minimal success.

It seems it suddenly got much, much better recently...and I'm not sure what did it...because it was during the year I went gluten free (which seems to have helped, maybe), got a treadmill and started re-training my sedentary body to jog again, practiced the posture exercises advocated by Christine Kent for these types problems, and maybe stopped having cycles (? I think?), which always seemed to aggravate the problem...plus, started really working those lower abdominal muscles with ab ripper x...I've always done lots of crunches before, which work some of the upper muscles only...and have recently read that besides the problem of working just those upper ab muscles, crunches do not get to layers of abdominal muscle that lie deeper. So...between all of those efforts, spanning the course of decades, and recent months, something has really helped my bladder a TON!

As to favorites in the plyometrics...yes, the tire things are great! I also just love that thing you do with a stool...can't remember what they call it, but it really feels GOOD to my legs/hips to do that one...and I love the little squat and flip around to squat on the other side things...well it's even fun to go from a squat to leaping up...oh, well, heck it's all fun! Plyometrics just reminds me of the kind of stuff we all did when we were little bitty groundhog(g)s, just for fun!
groundhogg

Return to Exercise and Fitness