Dumb Question re Needak Rebounder

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Dumb Question re Needak Rebounder

Postby Carol » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:52 am

For those of you that have a Rebounder, I'd like to ask you a question. Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I can't wait! OK.....here's the dumb question: Do you wear sneakers or go barefoot?

I remembered someone posted awhile back out soreness in their feet or possibly arches of the foot. And was wondering if foot wear had anything to do with it.
Carol

Postby Clary » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:16 am

I have always rebounded bare-footed (over 25 yrs.) or sometimes socks, esp. if using someone else's rebounder, or when rebounding outside in cooler weather--but, then again, I walk for exercise, jog, and "wog" in everyday casual shoes, sometimes flip-flop types, or rubber-soled flexible "moccasins". I have great, strong feet with high arches, and go bare-footed any chance I get, and have since childhood--and I am 65 yo.

I don't think this will be the most common reply. :-P

Hope you have many years of pleasure and fitness with your rebounder. Rebounding is the "only" exercise I have ever tried that I have never become bored with or disappointed in. I think when someone discovers a type of exercise that he/she truly enjoys (IN-joys!) and derives benefits from, and has fun doing it, it's a great "find".
Last edited by Clary on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clary

Postby Carol » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:36 am

Oh thanks, Clary!

About the only time I'm in sneakers is for my long walks outside. Otherwise, I'm with you. I'm also hoping I will find the same enjoyment you do. I miss the sports I am no longer able to play/compete in, and it's been a struggle finding exercise that I enjoy as much.

I used to have an old rebounder (that didn't fold up) years ago (maybe 20+) and not sure what happened to it. Guess I didn't use it as much as I hoped I would. To what do you attribute your success (long standing use)??? [I'd like to think I'm much older and wiser now.] :eek:
Carol

Postby libellule » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:00 pm

Carol,
Sorry I am late on the uptake for the reply to this post. I have been sort of in a fog try to get my taxes done and also trying to stick to my guns with my family and cooking healthy McDougall food! I have my work cut out.
As for the rebounder, I was the one that mentioned my feet hurt at one time. I am now used to it. I would just start out gradually on the time:
5-12 minutes at a time. Your feet will get used it. I having been reading posts in this section of the forum, so excuse the redundancy if you have already answered this, but which rebounder did you order?
I love my rebounder. Music or a great tv show or movie make the difference. I prefer music though and the time flies. Plus, I truly feel the difference mentally and energy-wise!
Well, enjoy your rebounder. I bounce with socks when my feet are cold and barefooted when they aren't! *L*

--Li
libellule

Postby Carol » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:52 pm

Li,

I ordered the Soft Bounce Folding one. (I wasn't one of the threads awhile back. I just ordered mine last week). Which one do you have???

If DH isn't watching TV, I would be inclined to bounce to music. The right kind invigorates me. When I go for my long walks, it's the music that keeps me going. That, and walking far enough in one direction that I have no choice but to walk all the way back. :lol:
Carol

Postby Lin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:36 pm

I have a soft bounce folding Needak too, and I love it.

I don't like to rebound in my bare feet. I've always had foot problems and I rarely walk around barefooted.

Sometimes I rebound in my socks, but most of the time I rebound in my running shoes. I'm just more comfortable that way. In fact, in nice warm weather, I put on my mp3 with 70's tunes and then I just warm up on my rebounder and then continue on outside for a walk/jog and then come back in the house and get back on the rebounder and rebound for awhile and then cool down on the rebounder.

So you see, your question is not dumb!! :-D
I hope you really enjoy your new Needak!
Lin

Let all that you do be done in love.
(1 Cor. 16: 14)
Lin

Postby libellule » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:57 pm

I have same soft-bounce, folding rebounder. I bought it off of Craigslist. It was about a year and a half old, but in great condition. I love it, love it, love it. Did you get the black or the blue??
I am so silly.

--Li
libellule

Postby EvelynJ » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:06 pm

bare feet!
EvelynJ

Postby Carol » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:30 am

I really liked the blue one and love that shade of blue, but I purchased conservatively and went with black. It will blend in better when I leave it out, which I expect I'll do except for cleaning and company.

And you??? :)
Carol

Postby Lin » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:44 am

Blue wasn't available when I got mine. My only choice was black, and it does blend in well with everything.

I rarely ever fold my rebounder! It's not very easy to fold. I keep mine in my den. If I were to fold it up and put it away, that's where it would stay! :lol:
When I'm done rebounding, I just move it to the corner and stand it up out of the way.
Lin

Let all that you do be done in love.
(1 Cor. 16: 14)
Lin

Postby libellule » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:01 am

Oh, I have the black, but secretly I am a blue rebounder (in my imagination), but the black, as you mentioned, blends better. I store it either standing up, in a corner, or under the foosball table, where it fits perfectly. Folding it is a pain. Although, when I go to visit my mother in the summer to Florida, I will fold it and check it as luggage on the plain! *L*

--Li
libellule

Postby PattyC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:02 am

Okay guys, time for me to fess up!

I'm 65, will be 66 this year. I have checked into this rebounder and I am sure that if I do purchase one, it will be this one. I've read all of the good things that it does for your body, etc., etc.

Here's my problem - balance and being able to jump and actually raise my feet up. I had a mini trampoline at one time, but never could even get my feet up or keep my balance without hanging onto something. I can't play tennis for the same reason or run very well or walk very fast - even on the treadmill, I had to hang on. This has been all my life, not just since I've been overweight.

I so want to change this - I have a beautiful Peruvian Paso horse that I haven't ridden because of the balance and her height. I would just like to be more nimble and balanced.

Is there any hope for me with this rebounder and beginning at my age? Any and all comments welcome and very much appreciated :) Any words of wisdom to serve as a kick in the you know what to even do exercise will be appreciated!

Thanks everyone,

Pat
Pat

PattyC

Postby EvelynJ » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:25 am

My husband was in a terrible motorcycle accident (1980). His one leg is 2" shorter than the other because it was broken so badly. He obviously has problems with his balance. There was nerve damage and his feet (toes) don't bend like normal (hammer toes...surgery including a partial amputation of one toe). We just got the Needak March 23rd. I bought the rebounder used and it did not come with a bar. We have put our rebounder close to a wall. He hasn't used the rebounder much but his complaint hasn't been his lack of balance it has been his feet. I do think that you will get along fine if you start slow and have a bar or place near a wall.
EvelynJ

Postby Carol » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:55 am

Pat,

The Needak Rebounder does come with an optional bar for stability. Maybe that will work for you?
Carol

Oooh!

Postby Nettie » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:59 pm

Oooh, you people are driving me crazy! I have a nice treadmill which I use occasionally, but in recent months I've been thinking about a rebounder. I finally got it out of my head (buying one), but now that I've read this thread, I think I want to go ahead and get one! Is the Needak the way to go? And which model? I would definitely get the folding one so I could take it on the road. Are they worth the money? I was thinking it would be a lot of fun to use. (Maybe I could get hubby to use it, too.) Does it come with instructions, i.e., an exercise plan as to how long you should use it in the beginning? Tell me more! I'm such a big (59-year-old) kid.
Nettie
Nettie

Next

Return to Exercise and Fitness