Curves Workout

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Curves Workout

Postby Gina Louise » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:04 am

Do any of you ladies go to Curves? I went with my daughter yesterday and it really is a good workout...and cheaper than most gym memberships. I was a bit skeptical, but it was fun and felt great :D
Gina Louise

Postby stephanie » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:59 pm

I've been going to Curves with my mom and sisters for about 6 years. I'm definitely on the younger side of the age range (22), but I still enjoy the workout itself and the overall environment. I've always been intimidated by regular gyms and weight machines, so the ease of learning the workout and the fact that you get personalized attention while you're learning it really appealed to me. Also, I like the fact that I can just go and more or less "zone out" while I work out (although I have to stay focused enough to keep pushing myself a bit--that's probably my major criticism of it--it's very easy to just "go through the motions" and not really work very hard, which can slow down the benefits you see). The environment is great too. I'm sure it varies from club to club, but at mine, everyone is very friendly, so it's a great social outlet. I'm definitely not a fan of the diet they promote (high protein), but I think the workout is a good investment of 30ish minutes. I'm glad you liked it!

Stephanie
stephanie

Curves Environment

Postby Gina Louise » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:01 pm

I have been going to the typical gyms for about 4 years now....I love gyms, but I have to say the Curves environment is more *female* friendly :D ....If you want to chat, chat...if not, power through...and there is no waiting for a machine:-)

Gina Louise

Postby Kayll » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:53 pm

I've been debating going back to Curves because right now I want the "zone out" mentality with exercising. You don't have to figure out the weights, you don't have to wait for the machines (except when you get behind the really slow older woman who isn't paying attention...hee hee).

The atmosphere is much nicer than the few gyms I've been in.

So, it's been a few months since you posted. Have you joined?
-Kayll
www.choosetocreate.com - It's your life. How do you want to live it?
Kayll

Curves

Postby Gina Louise » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:10 pm

I have lost 14 lbs and am now working there :-)
Gina Louise

Postby Kayll » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:20 pm

Gina, you ROCK!!! Good for you. I'm so happy for you!

Keep up the good work! :)
-Kayll
www.choosetocreate.com - It's your life. How do you want to live it?
Kayll

Postby Gina Louise » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:22 pm

Well Thank You!! :D
Gina Louise

Return to Exercise and Fitness