Anyone interested in a strength training challenge?

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby nomikins » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:28 am

I am back. Did my half marathon this past Sunday (walk/run).

Doing some recovery walking this week, then back to the program full throttle.
nomikins

Congratulations!

Postby Groovy Granny » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:25 am

Good for you, Nomikins. How'd it go?
Groovy Granny

Status as of 9/16

Postby scottp » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:06 pm

I did 30 min. dumbbells, etc. Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday last week -- 90 more minutes for a total of 180.

scottp

down time

Postby AnnaS » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:23 am

I didn't exercise this week, except for a couple short walks. Due to a sinus infection (grrrr) I was feeling very unwell. I thought it was best to rest and let my body recover.

I hope to be back on track for the upcoming week!
AnnaS

I did it!

Postby Clary » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:33 am

When it came to my scheduled time for my morning workout (I still have to schedule it, as I am developing "the habit" again.) ---Oh, I had the biggest "argument" with my self this morning.

After my one Sunday off, I just didn't want to tip that rebounder over and haul out my weights, and grab that timer, and DO IT! --just didn't want to exercise this morning. :thumbsdown: All the old arguments came up--I'll do it later.... Missing one scheduled day won't hurt... (even tho' there was no reason in the world to miss it)... Why bother, you're 66 years old and who cares? (I do!) --and on and on for about 5 min.

I finally convinced myself of how great I would feel physically and emotionally, if I just DID IT! (and how I would feel about my decision later tonight if I DIDN'T.) --and finally, the part of me that remembered that "everything counts" and that I want to "Choose Life and Health", etc. (all those things I have programmed into myself over the years) WON.

I want to share what a great feeling I had when that session was over. --as much mentally and emotionally as physically. I felt that I had "won" something, overcome something.

I feel GREAT! --and grateful.
Clary

--strength training challenge?

Postby Clary » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:31 am

How's it going, " ya'll "? :?: :question:
Clary

Status as of 9/23

Postby scottp » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:24 am

Way to go Clary! Overcoming and correcting our negative "self talk" is often one of the biggest challenges in life. :thumbsup: :-D

I made my weekly goal of 30 min. dumbbells, etc. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday last week -- 90 more minutes for a total of 270 min.

scottp

Previous

Return to Exercise and Fitness