If you've done Power90...

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

If you've done Power90...

Postby momof4 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:11 pm

I've really like doing the weight-lifting part of this program, but haven't gotten into the aerobics part. Now that winter's here and I can't go out walking (I'm a wimp in the cold, and don't like walking when it's under 25 degrees), I'd like to give it a try. Do you enjoy this part, or do you substitute some other type of aerobic activity for it?
momof4

Postby serenity » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:57 pm

Funny you should mention it, but I just started using the Power 90 video last week. I am starting out slow, because it seems higher impact than I am used to and I am recovering from a back injury. I just did the first few minutes of the cardio as a test and had no ill effects - to my back, at least. It did, however, humble me a bit. I'm 55 and haven't done much high impact work for many years, decades maybe. It was pretty funny to see me try to do jumping jacks - I don't have much spring anymore, it seems. But for that reason, I decided that I would do this video once a week. Use it or lose it.

I don't have much to offer you with regard to your question. I have always tried to use a variety of videos to stave off boredom. But it is difficult to find ones that are pure cardio that I like. One I do like is Fat Burning for Dummies with Gay Gasper. It is very plan jane - grapevines, etc - but she keeps you moving at exactly the right rate to keep your heart rate in the fat burning zone, and I try to do that one once a week as well.
serenity

Postby sigma957 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:08 am

I did 90 days of Power 90 and it really helped me shape up. Toward the end I did sub in some other videos for the cardio. However, the Power 90 cardio is versatile. You can move faster, punch harder, kick faster, keep going and take really really short breaks inbetween.

I enjoyed it because I kept challenging myself. 'More height to the kicks today' or 'more kicks' or 'I won't stop till they do (on the screen)'. It's all in your head, no matter what the video.

Barbara
sigma957

Postby havfaith » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:13 pm

I much prefer the sculpt workouts as well - not such a big fan of the sweat routines. Recently, I've been alternating the sculpt (or another similar DVD) with days on the elliptical for my cardio.
http://stashingless.blogspot.com/
http://delusionsofdomesticity.blogspot.com/
havfaith

Return to Exercise and Fitness