My walk today

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My walk today

Postby noodle » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:07 pm

It is absolutely a gorgeous day today, and I had a wonderful 3 mile walk. I was able to do it in 42 minutes. yeah!! :D

I was a runner before I had surgery in Aug. and was a litlle sad about giving running up, but after today's walk, I'm feeling much better about it and very encouraged.

:-D
noodle

Postby baron » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:21 pm

Hi noodle,
That's a great walk! I did a 45 minute brisk walk today, not sure of the distance though.

I am an ex-runner also. No running since I had back surgery last year.

I was sad at first, but now I'm so thankful I can walk briskly, something I could not do before the surgery due to extreme leg pain. In fact my surgeon says that I must walk every day.

I really enjoy it, especially with my ipod shuffle. :-) It's great weather here too -- actually kind of chilly in the morning which is nice.
baron

Postby prairiedream » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:08 am

When I belonged to a gym I ran and used the Stairmaster or elliptical machine and thought that walking could never be "enough" exercise for me. But since we bought a treadmill I've done a combination of running and walking on it, and I have to say the walking feels very refreshing! It's something I know I can do even if I feel a little tired, yet it's still invigorating.
prairiedream

Return to Exercise and Fitness