Total Gym

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Total Gym

Postby annhett » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:38 pm

I've seen some posts about the Total Gym. I'm interested in getting one, but
the web site is somewhat overwhelming - different models and accessories.

Any suggestions/insight/thoughts?

Thanks,
ann
annhett

Postby VeganMan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:33 pm

Annhett -

I just posted this advice to the Elliptical question thread.

I would look at finding a used one at a second hand excerise store. If they have a bunch for sale you know how popular they are (or aren't). Also, if they do have one for sale in good working order, you can save a bundle buying used and can also negotiate price.
Vegan Since Sept. 2006
Age 24
205/171/175
VeganMan

Total Gym

Postby Steve » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 am

We have the model from the infomercial. There is a less expensive model avaialable at some stores. We have had ours for about five years. Good for strength training and flexibility. If you are very tall the model in the stores may not be good. I have seen this model also on QVC or one of those channels. Pay attention to weight and height requirements. There is also a more expensive professional model available. Guess you need to go back on the website for comparisons.
Good luck. We like it.
Steve

Postby noodle » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:46 am

We bought ours on sale at Big 5 sporting goods several years ago, and I can't remember what we paid or what model it is. But our whole family uses it and we all feel like it keeps us toned and strong. I use it three times a week, and our Soloflex 3 times.
noodle

Return to Exercise and Fitness