First timer

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

First timer

Postby tomcat » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:49 pm

Just doing as suggested, a test run prior to my first dive. Six months going - thirty pounds down, full speed ahead despite Hashimotos. (the only program I have had sustained success with) :-D
tomcat

Re: First timer

Postby afreespirit » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Good going tomcat--welcome to the forum!
afreespirit

Postby tomcat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Thank You for the reply. It is hard to remain motivated when upon a weight loss, they reduce the strength of the meds. Then have the audacity to wonder why a weight gain ocurrs (only 1.5 lbs thankfully).
I am not giving up. Any Medical personnel out there with suggestions? :-D
tomcat

Welcome!

Postby veggiecat » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:33 pm

Hello from another feline!
Best wishes,Cat
veggiecat

Postby afreespirit » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:59 pm

There are many discussions about thyroid here. You can do a search. Also check out Dr M's newsletter archive (see home page for link).
afreespirit

Postby tomcat » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Thanks.
The threads for success I have noticed reading thru the postings is this: Making real change in ones lifestyle, then living it; living without excuses; then, never giving up. These seem to be the markings of successful people.
This is what I have gleaned from an overview of all postings, so I am not giving up regardless of what happens.

Thank all whom have responded to my post, I really appreciate your concern and the time you took to respond. :D
tomcat

Postby tomcat » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:02 pm

I came back from my labs, it was good news/bad news. The not really bad news was that I did not lose weight. The really good news is I did not gain weight. As funny as it may sound, for me this is a major step. I give credit to this eating program entirely. My body temp was 98.7, a great change from 94 - 96 degrees normal for me. (The doc refused to write my temps down, he explained if he did he would have to admit me for hypothermia per hospital rules.) I don't know the fullness of what's going on in my body; but, I like it.
Six months down and recommitted to six more. 8)
tomcat

Postby Emerson » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:35 am

tomcat wrote:Just doing as suggested, a test run prior to my first dive. Six months going - thirty pounds down, full speed ahead despite Hashimotos. (the only program I have had sustained success with) :-D

I saw Jeff N. reply to multiple Quotes with one posting. I will see if I can do it here.
Thank You for the reply. It is hard to remain motivated when upon a weight loss, they reduce the strength of the meds. Then have the audacity to wonder why a weight gain ocurrs (only 1.5 lbs thankfully).
I am not giving up. Any Medical personnel out there with suggestions? :-D
I seem to have gotten it done but it seams a little treadious.
tomcat wrote:Hello from another feline!
This seems easier now
tomcat wrote:full speed ahead despite Hashimotos
Ok, I think I got it!!!
Emerson

Emerson

Return to The Sandbox