blood pressure

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

blood pressure

Postby krissyo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Im new to this site, my question is about my blood pressure. I have been having mild headaches and I feel some slight pressure in my chest. I exercise regularly and eat right. I checked my blood pressure at my local pharmacy twice and my reading was 150/64. Should I be concerned, or just recheck it again before I go see my doctor? Also my age is 38 and I'm female.
krissyo

Re: blood pressure

Postby somnolent » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:43 pm

I think your doctor would want to know about your blood pressure and the symptoms you have been having. Hopefully there is not a problem, but one should never ignore chest pressure.
somnolent

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Here's what Dr. McDougall has to say about hypertension:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/med_hypertension.html
Rob

Postby carollynne » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:13 pm

:roll: Hello, I am new to this site and love it already. I have been an on and off again vegan and now I found out that Dr McDougall is way ahead of the game with being a vegan. It is so nice to see that a doctor agrees with my youngest son, Christopher, whose girlfriend started the ball rolling in my house. Girlfriend is long gone, but Chris has really stuck with it, and lost 100 lbs, eczema has cleared up a lot, although not completely. I learned to cook vegan style and now I am hoping that it will lower my blood pressure along with the number on the scale. Plus my arthritic knees appear to be doing a lot better since I am off the animal products. Would love to be able to post when I am off my HBP meds!
Sticking with it myself and proud to say I am now a McDougaller!!
Carollynne
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Return to The Sandbox