Freezing Burgers

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Freezing Burgers

Postby hazelrah » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi Jeff,

We're making a double batch of the sweet potato curry burgers. We want to freeze about 1/2 of them. Should we partially bake them before freezing or just freeze them after forming the burger? Seems to me you used to prep a bunch of them for travel, so I figured you'd know which works best.

Thank you. Hope you continue to be well.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Re: Freezing Burgers

Postby JeffN » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:07 pm

hazelrah wrote:Hi Jeff,

We're making a double batch of the sweet potato curry burgers. We want to freeze about 1/2 of them. Should we partially bake them before freezing or just freeze them after forming the burger? Seems to me you used to prep a bunch of them for travel, so I figured you'd know which works best.

Thank you. Hope you continue to be well.

Mark

I prefer to freeze them after they have been made and allowed to set and before cooking.

Then, you can cook them after they thaw or straight from frozen.

Enjoy!
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Jeff Novick, RD