Pregnancy Support thread - please join us

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Pregnancy Support thread - please join us

Postby Lampyridae » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:52 pm

For all of you who worry about your pregnancy.

I would like to share a photo of five beautiful kids (siblings) that have been vegans since conception.
Please access the link below:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Best wishes, Tea Pecarina
Lampyridae

Postby motik » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:47 pm

Hello,
I look for support in having healthy pre-pregnancy, during, and after. I do not know of anyone who ate wfpb way during pregnancy.
At the moment, I am preparing for pregnancy by eating more wfpb and losing a few pounds of extra body fat.
Please, share your experience of how your pregnancy went on McDougall diet. If you had both SAD diet pregnancies and wfpb pregnancies, how different were they? I am struggling to find support.
Thank you!
motik

Postby Sonia Raga » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:00 am

Hi,

I'm pregnant too, currently 20 weeks. Anyone else on this journey? :)
Spaniard. "Those who want to change, find how to. Those who don´t, find excuses." Vegan, oil-free recipes:
http://www.thebrightbird.com
Sonia Raga

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Hi all. Last year I was pregnant and now have an almost 9 month old. If you have any questions about my experience, feel free to read my journal and/or send me a PM. Good luck to you guys!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby t-eddy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi,
I'm a pregnant McDougaller that loves to eat. In fact I am a little worried now because I eat so much and I'm not supposed to. I don't know how to deal with it, whether I should try to limit calories by eating whole grains instead of bread, fresh fruit or vegetables instead of dried fruit, etc., try to limit portions or whether I should "trust" my appetite. I often don't feel like eating the unprocessed foods at the moment and rather eat sweet and processed foods. That has never been the case before my pregnancy. I don't like to feel too full after eating and worry about gaining too much weight because of my current eating habits. If you had any advice, I'd be very glad.
t-eddy

Previous

Return to Family and Children