Picky eater concerns

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Picky eater concerns

Postby OK_Farmgal » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:21 am

Firstly, I have to say my family has been eating the SAD forever until the last few weeks. My health is going downhill fast and a vegan diet has done wonders for me. Without insurance I can't get my numbers so I just go on how I feel. That being said, my 11yo son can scarf down a 10 piece nugget, fries and a large Dr. Pepper in minutes. When I make a vegan meal of any type, including baked fries, he takes forever to eat. He even tries to bargain about "how much does he need to eat to be done." He will begrudgingly try new foods, but 99% of the time it seems his gag reflex kicks in and I find it suspicious. He does like apples, broccoli and corn, but I want to add more variety to his diet. He's 85 pounds and quite active, but is so set in his ways I don't know what to do. I don't want him to look at our new lifestyle as a bad thing. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Is he addicted to the fat?
OK_Farmgal

Re: Picky eater concerns

Postby OK_Farmgal » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:21 am

Thank you for your reply!! :thumbsup:
OK_Farmgal

Return to Family and Children