Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby sksamboots » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:29 pm

You released some great weight thus far, great job :)
sksamboots

Congrat, Kirk!

Postby seestorcoo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:42 pm

I think its very admirable that you are sticking to it, even when you could be eating to forget your pain (not that it would make the pain go away of course). It is so cool that you've been able to get off your meds and feel okay (better) as a result - and your weight loss is great! Hope you feel better soon!
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:04 am

Go, Team! Sure sounds like you two are doing well. I'm with Seestorcoo, I would be eating my pain away too, with real ice cream and hot fudge sauce which NEVER works anyhow. You're eating it away the right way. Keep up the good work, both of you!

I've been humming Addicted to Spuds every since the other day when you posted it in your sig line.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Letha. » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi Kirk,
How is your week going? I like your ticker. Does your taste run more toward violins or fiddles? I’m a fiddle girl…and I’m looking forward to going from chair dancing to dancing a jig under the full moon. :D
Letha
Letha.

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:51 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Kirk

Postby seestorcoo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm

Have you heard of "nuttin but strings"? Guy at the grocery store turned me on to them...

You can Youtube them or theres a link on my blog "cool combo". I'm thinking you might like it. Violins of a different sort.

Also - hope you are feeling better.
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

Postby sksamboots » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Hope you feel better soon :)
sksamboots

Postby nomikins » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:42 am

Hi Kirk, hope you are feeling a little better today. Hang in there; you are doing great.
nomikins

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:35 am

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby sksamboots » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:56 am

the food sounds wonderful, i'm so happy your here :)
sksamboots

Postby Talyae » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Great job so far Kirk!

I have been meaning to ask you what games you and your partner play. Do you play any MMORPGs together? I ask because my partner and I are gamers (he a LOT longer than me!) so am curious what kind of games are interesting to you.

Cheers!
Talyae

Postby SandraK » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:02 pm

I sure admire your dedication! ('Although I admit I am jealous of anyone who loses their appetite. How can it be too low? I want that!)

My son's body is in my house but he lives in the World of Warcraft.
SandraK

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby Talyae » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:38 pm

Bookworm Adventures and Peggle Nights are great games! I love the PopCap games.

I recently tried Spectromancer and if I didn't have difficulty sitting at my computer these days due to shoulder issues I am sure I would be playing it more than I have so far.

My partner and I have been on a break from WoW recently but we played that one pretty hardcore from day one. We both really enjoy it but it has been nearly 4 1/2 years so it's on the back burner at the moment. Neither one of us ever did the EQ thing. Honestly, I don't think I would have cared for EQ with all those niggly things you mention. <shudder> That being said though, almost all my girls (don't ask how many toons I have!) in WoW are fishers and cooks in addition to their regular crafting. We have also puttered in LoTRO, Vanguard, CoV/CoH among other MMOs. We actually met while playing Dark Age of Camelot. Hehe.

He is a big fan of the turn based style of game as well and has been finding all sorts of free ones to download that he used to play years ago.

We do have an Xbox 360 but in the end I am not a huge fan of the controllers and the game selection so we will be looking at getting a different one at some point in the future. We bought this one for Tetris and Lego Star Wars but due to the lack of enthusiasm for the controller, I have only really played Tetris.

Anywho, I am glad I asked! Thanks for sharing. :)
Talyae

Postby Talyae » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:39 pm

SandraK wrote:I sure admire your dedication! ('Although I admit I am jealous of anyone who loses their appetite. How can it be too low? I want that!)

My son's body is in my house but he lives in the World of Warcraft.

Hahaha ... it's a great game!
Talyae

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals