30 day commitment to get over my hump day (14 days)

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 30 day commitment to get over my hump day (14 days)

Postby pretty skinny » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:08 am

Last edited by pretty skinny on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pretty skinny

Would love to join you

Postby Earthwalker » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:55 am

Seeing as I just joined I would love to have a partner in our journey.. You have a little jump start on me but it is close ;)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLKeqst/]
[/url]
Earthwalker

Your morning

Postby Earthwalker » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:04 am

What a morning you had. Guess you don't have to do a workout today because you already have.
Take care.....
[/url]
Earthwalker

Postby Love the Lorax » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:31 am

(((HUGS))) You need hugs, so here are mine. I remember well the days of the younger children (mine are 13 and 11 now.... just a different set of things to whine about.... LOL!) and it can really be tiring. I read a quote once that is so true, about how the days last forever but the years fly by (when the kids are little). I can't remember the exact words, but it is so true. It seems like forever since my kids were the age of yours, and I miss it so much - but at the time, I thought I would go nuts some days!!!! Truely, I understand.

FWIW - that thing of the kid thinking you are an awful mom for not giving them what they want? Doesn't change. Oh my.... while I will not go into the mile long list describing the incredible immaturity of my daughter, suffice it to say that she is NOT to be trusted with a cell phone or laptop, or even to get her ears pierced yet. But boy, she is unhappy with me over those things..... Silly me.. to think a person should show responsibility in those horrid things like routine teeth brushing/showering instead of saying BO isn't that bad/washing hair instead of saying "it isn't that greasy..." etc before I allow her to have holes put in her ears that require regular cleaning in those initial stages. HUMPH!!!

Two years without a monthly friend? Yeah, it might be that time, and I imagine those hormone surges are not helping at all. Sure wish I lived near you just so I could come over and give you a break - take the kids out for awhile or something.
Love the Lorax

Postby sksamboots » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:32 am

((HUG)) :)
sksamboots

Postby Loveskale » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Once again , I agree with Sksamboots

My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby sksamboots » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:09 pm

sksamboots

Postby Loveskale » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Debbie, if you are getting your period you will start to retain water, up to 2 pounds (it mentions this in McDougall's 12 day I believe), so after it is gone you should lose those 2 pounds. I used to have a terrible time with mine, I couldn't do anything but lay on the couch and cry I was in so much pain. I even felt pain up to a week before I got my period. After a week on the program, I got it, and only a bit of dull pain on the first day. What a difference. That's what really sold me on this program.
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby lfwfv » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:51 pm

You plan sounds great Debbie! I hated mushrooms as a kid, so I think your plan to bring veggie burgers for them is good...I love them now, bu the taste overwhelmed me as a child.

Stick with MWL faithfully and you *will* see results. You'll probably have a big drop one day soon.

Good luck this weekend, you can do it!!
lfwfv
lfwfv

Postby Earthwalker » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Deb,
Just wanted to tell you that when I use to get my little friend I would gain about 5# before it came. Lost it right after. I think that you are doing great..
[/url]
Earthwalker

Postby kirstykay » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:55 am

Great Job, Debbie!!! You got this!!! You're going to ROCK the wedding!!! :D
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby sksamboots » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:09 am

You did and are amazing :nod:
sksamboots

Postby janluvs2heel » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:36 am

I discovered Portabello mushrooms when I McDougalled in 1998. They had (have?) grilled Portabella mushrooms & they were very good.

I love the baby bellas they have now as well.

Hmm, now I think I need to go shopping for some Portabellas.

I am so proud of you that you stuck to your guns & ate your own food. It feels so good the next day, doesnt it?

Love,

Mom
janluvs2heel

Postby frozenveg » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:17 am

Debbie, you are doing so great! You can be very proud of yourself, for all the thought and preparation you put into your party foods!

I am amazed that you have never had portobellos before and took them to a BBQ--that was so brave. I loved them back in my "gourmet" days, then a few years back, they suddenly nauseated me. So when I thought of using them on McD, I had DH grill me one at home, to see if I liked them again, and I did, even without bread. I am very happy--it makes BBQs much easier.

You are doing so great!!!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby lfwfv » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:02 am

Debbie,

it is so good to read of your successes this weekend. Doesn't it make things so much better when people empathize with you and are helpful rather than just meeting you with antagonism or cynicism? I'm thrilled that you're dong great and are meeting your goals.

I'm rooting for you!
lfwfv
lfwfv

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals