On the Road to Better Health

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: On the Road to Better Health

Postby bunsofaluminum » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am

:lol:

Loving this bean story! Sounds like something I would do, except I'd probably blow out the motor on my blender in the process :lol:

now I'm hungry for beans
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:09 pm

moonlight wrote:Hi Stephanie,
Your bean debacle sounds like something I've done before,,, the blender part,,, OMG! Glad the beans were good. :) I love your posts about your crockpot adventures. I've really only used mine to cook beans. I'm going to try chili and soups. I've been thinking a lot about lentil soup lately. You may have inspired me to get it made! :D

Hi Moonlight!

Oh no, you had a blender incident too? :-D

The beans were the spiciest ones that I've ever made. Ridiculously hot, but good. My son loved them too!!!

Lentil soup sounds delicious...

I cook in the crock pot because it's harder to ruin things. I tend to easily get distracted if something takes more than 5 min. in a pot... :D

Cheers,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:10 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote::lol:

Loving this bean story! Sounds like something I would do, except I'd probably blow out the motor on my blender in the process :lol:

now I'm hungry for beans

Hi Buns!

Hope you got some beans!!! :)

I chuckled at your post -- guess it could have been worse!!

VegSeekingFit

This Week

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Weigh in day today... So, I have gained .6 lbs - up to 115.4. Not sure why - haven't done anything different this week. Not going to stress it. Will wait to see how next week's number looks.

Food:

Have had bean salad or potato waffle with black beans for breakfast each day.

Have had rice / beans / corn / veggies or bean salad - with fruit and raw veggies for lunch each day.

For dinner, I've had split pea soup over potato, plain potato with veggies - sometimes another fruit.

I didn't eat off plan except for the toast & jelly that I had last Friday... For this weekend, my husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary and I will feast on a regular McD compliant dinner (not MWL).

Had another baby crock pot experiment - miniaturizing my Vegetable Stew. It was really good. Probably need to add less crushed tomatoes and more veggies. But, I liked it!

1 28oz. can NSA crushed tomatoes
1 huge chopped Russet Potato
1 c. water
1/2 c. carrots
1/2 c. mushrooms
Onion powder
Minced garlic
Italian seasonings

Cooked about 9 hours overnight. Made a great breakfast and 2 leftovers.

Also, made an excellent soup (in a real pot! on the stove!)... I based it on this Vegan 8 recipe - but switched out some ingredients.
http://thevegan8.com/2018/02/16/easy-ho ... odle-soup/

It's not MWL compliant with the noodles. I may try it again and add brown rice when the broth is ready.

4 c. NSA fat-free Veg Broth

4 c. water

1 lb. mushrooms

1 c. chopped red onion

3 T. miso paste

1 T. low sodium tamari

Minced garlic

Minced ginger

2 T. parsley

210 grams Ramen Noodles (made of brown rice & millet only - this was 3 "bricks" from my pack)

In a pan, saute onion, mushrooms, garlic, ginger in Veg broth. After about 5 minutes, can add it to the pot.

In a bowl, dissolve miso paste with 1/2 c. veg broth. Whisk or stir hard with a fork. Dissolve it all.

In a pot, put the rest of the veg broth, the spices and simmer. Add the miso paste / broth when dissolved. Add the veg mix when done saute-ing. Simmer over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.

THen, add Ramen noodles. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir noodles - make sure the "unbrick". I cooked / simmered for an additional 2 minutes and then served.

Yummy!!!

Exercise - Have continued walking this week every morning. Usually about 45 minutes. Have also taken 15 minute lunch walks at work a few days this week. Have really resisted resistance training. How do I trick myself into doing this -- or do I need to light a fire under my butt???

Quote of the week:

"Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of Hell
But I won't back down

No I'll stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

(I won't back)
Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
(I won't back down)
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I'll stand my ground and I won't back down..." - Tom Petty

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:02 pm

Forgot to add that the quote was re-visiting a Moment of Zen from 20 years ago. Went skydiving to celebrate 30th birthday and this was the song they put on the video in the time in the plane before the jump. Something I have never repeated - and likely never will (maybe 75th birthday?)... but so glad to have experienced!

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

This Weekend

Postby VegSeekingFit » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi,

Made a wonderful bean / veg salad - based on Moonspirit's (Becca) recipe from MWL forum that I tried last weekend... now I have further played with it. Guess I can't follow instructions. :lol:

Impromptu Bean Salad:

1 can kidney beans
1 can garbanzo beans
1 c. corn
2 bell peppers - finely chopped
3/4 c. red onion - finely chopped
2 jalapeno peppers - finely chopped
3/4 c. NSA salsa (Trader Joe's)
1/4 c. lime juice
Cumin
Chili powder
Cayenne Pepper

RInse and drain beans. Cut and put in a bowl all ingredients up to salsa. Whisk salsal, lime juice, and spices. Pour over beans / veggies. Shake it up to mix. Refrigerate. Eat - yum!

Also, tried next baby crock pot experiement. Slightly modified Kathy Hester's "Split Pea Soup sor 2 or 3".

1 c. Split Peas
3.5 c. water
1 veg bouillioun cube
1 large Russet potato - chopped
1/2 c. carrots
1/2 c. red onions
Smoked paprika
Thyme
Rosemary

Cook on high for 8 hours. Super thick and delicious. Made 3 servings for me.

Yesterday, had feast meal (Regular McD compliant) to celebrate anniversary. We decided on Lou Malnati's pizza. Ordered a small thin cruat cheeseless with Roma tomato, mushroom, onion. Was really good, but not in my wheelhouse anymore so much. I had half of it and dumped remainder in garbage - tomorrow is garbage day.

Today's Food:
B: Bean/ veg salad, honeydew melon & strawberries, potato waffle
L: Remainder of miso / mushroom / ramen soup, honeydew & strawberries left over from breakfast
D: Split pea soup, radishes, nectarine

Not expecting the scale to move much down (if at all) this week as I know my ramen soup wasn't MWL compliant. Then, doubled down with the celebratory pizza. Also, have a co-worker's anniversary lunch next week - where I have already requested meal - which is a vegan sandwich -- will look to only eat 1/2...

Interesting reading on Vitamin D and how these tests and supplements have come about (Jeff Novick's thread and update today). Had seen the NYT article before the post - great reporting on some shady dealings that impact us all. Best $ I spent subscribing to NYT last year when it seemed that people had collectively lost their minds and it is "normal" to delight in calling reporters "the enemy of the people". I couldn't disagree more and find this alarming. I still do read articles critically (as I am not a sheep). Anyway, NYT has some great pieces - as well as an interesting Opinion section.

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Cute Crockpot Experiments, etc.

Postby VegSeekingFit » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Hi,

Have had 2 successful crock pot experiments in the 2 qt. cooker! I am loving the variety that this can bring to daily food - while keeping in the realm of "lazy cooking"! To put this in context, when I started this journey (until recently), I had many day streaks of eating the same thing (which I liked) -- but got bored with. Since I stink at freezer management and hate making huge batches of new recipes (when I don't end up loving them), feel like this baby crock pot has given freedom to explore!!! :-D

Yesterday I tried another Harmony House dehydrated pack - Lentil Quinoa Soup.

Lentil Quinoa Soup:

- 1 c. Harmony House Packet
- 1 14 oz. can NSA diced tomatoes
- 1 c. carrots
- 1/2 c. red onion
- 3.5 c. water
- Chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin
- Minced garlic

Cook on high for 8-10 hours. Delicious!! I got sample sizes of dehydrated soup / chili mix from Harmony and will be getting a bigger one of this (and the Split Pea Soup). So easy to make!! (I always have chopped red onion in fridge -- only had to chop a bit of carrot, open a can, and throw in some spices!!)...

Smashed Pinto Beans:

- 1 c. dried pinto beans
- 3.5 c. water
- 4 oz. green chili peppers
- 1/2 c. red onion
- Onion powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin

- Minced garlic

Cook on high for 10 hours. Scoop out excess water and save for next experiment! :) Mash beans. Yum!! Had a serving with rice. Will be eating these with breakfast potato waffle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Have seen some posts on building habits - then, time and adherence. I think that I'm changing some of my routine to move from batch cooking to more fluid cooking - and preparing in the moment or smaller batches. Feeling fairly confident about this as I can use products that make it easy. For instance, frozen hash browns, dehydrated soup mix, canned beans, canned tomatoes, frozen veggies in general, microwaving potatoes or rice. Super convenient. No reason to ever revert back to processed. This is something that I need to keep vigilant about -- because in the past, I have used processed in a pinch when hungry. I hope that in continuing to make "lazy recipes" that I would never go that route again!!! :) Time will tell. I post to remind my future self.... Don't do it!!!

Happy McDougalling!
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

This Week

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi,

Happy to say that weight has gone back to a downward trajectory (after last week's gain) - despite 3 regular McD compliant (but not MWL compliant) meals this week - at 114.6 now. Close to "goal" weight I think. Goal for me is ??? lbs., but what I can feasibly maintain by maximizing MWL while allowing for 1-2 / week regular McD compliant meals or snacks (to live real life) and continue with about 45 minutes avg per day walking as exercise. I am 5'5" and pretty small framed -- my lowest weight (as a fully grown person) is about 109 lbs. (not necessarily trying to get there). Could be content at current, but not alarmed at losing a few more lbs. and am proceeding as I mean to continue through maintenance.

On some level, would like to lose 1.8 lbs. so that I'd be able to say that I lost 40 lbs. My rational side would call that ridiculous. Who the hell would care?? Meaningless. So, just keeping on with how I intend to proceed and ready for plateau that I am probably ok with.

Today's Eats: (Blustery day in the Windy City and I wanted warm soup!)

B: Lentil quinoa veggie soup, tomatoes, potato waffle

L: Split pea soup over baked potato, honeydew and cantaloupe, cucumbers

D: Red Lentil Chili, oven fries (1/2 Russet)

Today's Exercise:

1 hour walk (before it became drizzly / blustery) - have met my walking goal of 4.5 hrs. this week

Have been keeping on with the Map My Walk challenge of "You Vs. The Year 2018" that is looking for 1018K mapped walks. I'm a late starter (as I started 6/28, but challenge started 1/1) - but have logged 319K so far and am in top 25%. Probably % that I'm in says more about other people (that started and stopped) than me.

Most Excellent Recipe:
Have been miniaturizing my large crock pot recipes - and have all been ok. This one was BETTER!!! WOW!! :-D

2 qt. Red Lentil Chili
1 c. split red lentils
1 chopped red bell pepper
1 c. chopped red onion
2 T. Taco Seasoning
1 small can tomato paste (NSA)

14 oz. can diced tomatoes (NSA)

1.5 c. aquafaba (from pinto beans made prior day)

1.5 c. water
Filled almost up to the top of crock pot.

Cook on high for 7.5 hours. Makes 4 incredibly delicious servings. This is my favorite one yet!!!

Also, bought more dehydrated veggies from Harmony House. Wonderful actionable post I read from Jeff Novick on making soup from dehydrated veggies... Anyway, got big jugs of the Split Pea Soup mix that I have already tried and loved. Plus the Lentil Quinoa one and trying a new thing - their vegetable soup blend. All just dehydrated veggies (and grains / lentils) only. You can add whatever fresh stuff you want to the pot and season to your taste. I think for the long haul that this will be key to me. Almost like buying cans of soup and microwaving. But, it's throwing the stuff in the slow cooker and starting it - so easy -- could even not add fresh veggies at all (but I like to).

Moment of Zen:
Celebrated my 26th anniversary with my husband (and best friend) who doesn't eat the same way but has supported me throughout

Quote of the week:

"But when the night is falling
You cannot find the light
You feel your dreams are dying
Hold tight

You've got the music in you
Don't let go
You've got the music in you
One dance left
This world is gonna pull through
Don't give up
You've got a reason to live
Can't forget
We only get what we give" - New Radicals

Cheers to fellow McDougallers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Postby Idgie » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:36 pm

Stephanie, you have the exact attitude I am cultivating -- I want to treat my body really well forever, in a way that's sustainable, and then trust my body to be the weight it wants/needs to be.
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby VegSeekingFit » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:07 pm

Idgie wrote:Stephanie, you have the exact attitude I am cultivating -- I want to treat my body really well forever, in a way that's sustainable, and then trust my body to be the weight it wants/needs to be.

Hi Idgie! :-D

Love that sustainability comment... Couldn't agree more...

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

September Objectives & Miscellaneous

Postby VegSeekingFit » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi,

So, I don't want to set new goals for September, but want to keep on with habits that I've formed - like maximizing MWL choices and daily exercise. Also, 3 habits that I never thought I'd touch - or understood that mattered - eliminate coffee, minimize sodium, eliminate / minimize diet pop.

Going to jump on the bandwagon and track MWL compliance per the rules. Have liked others posts where they refer to the actual rules and think this will help to clear some clouds of where I could choose to adhere more strictly. I am a numbers person in real life --- even though that may not be my forte (I have not counted a single calorie since starting or used CRONOMETER).

I'm not really clear on how to objectively measure compliance with MWL--- so thoughts from others are welcomed!!! Lay it on me!! :D

Have thought about methodologies (below 3 are ones I thought could be meaningful):
* % of calories (based on non-compliant calories / total calories -- may make sense and would record impact of deviation, but a couple guidelines are behavioral and calories are not counted per guidelines),
* % of non-adherent events (based # of non-adherent meals or snacks / total # of meals + snacks)
* % of guidelines followed ( based on # of guidelines adhered to each day / total number of guidelines extrapolated --- going with this one (includes behavioral) ... planning to do for a one week time period and create my own metric where I can measure and expect that it will directly relate to weight... It's an experiment and maybe the wrong methodology, but, have to start somewhere and am happy to incorporate any feedback (if this is the wrong metric to follow)

So, will get introspective --- I know that I have opportunities to do better. I'm not unhappy with where I am at -- but just going to try to realistically measure and try to put together guideposts that I can follow in the long term. Would like to be able to say --- "I'm adhering 90% to MWL" (or something like that)... and have some facts to base this upon.

Will be measuring prior week on Fridays with weigh in's - So, prior week of Friday - Thursday. Will do a "rough" guess for this week (since I'm going on memory) - probably good by the 80 / 20 rule, but will track on paper for September.

Quote of the Day:

"My friends from high school
Married their high school boyfriends
Moved into houses in the same ZIP codes
Where their parents live ...

But I, I could never follow
No, I, I could never follow ...

I hit the highway in a pink RV with stars on the ceiling
Lived like a gypsy
Six strong hands on the steering wheel

I've been a long time gone now
Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down
But I've always found my way somehow
By taking the long way
Taking the long way around
Taking the long way

I met the queen of whatever
Drank with the Irish, and smoked with the hippies
Moved with the shakers
Wouldn't kiss all the asses that they told me to ...

No, I, I could never follow
No, I, I could never follow ...

It's been two long years now
Since the top of the world came crashing down
And I'm getting' it back on the road now
But I'm taking the long way
I'm taking the long way
The long...
The long way around ...

Well, I fought with a stranger, and I met myself
I opened my mouth, and I heard myself
It can get pretty lonely when you show yourself
Guess I could have made it easier on myself ...

But I, I could never follow
No, I, I could never follow
Well, I never seem to do it like anybody else
Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down
If you ever want to find me, I can still be found
Taking the long way
Taking the long way
Taking the long way around..." - Dixie Chicks

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Re: September Objectives & Miscellaneous

Postby f00die » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:28 pm

VegSeekingFit wrote:... I am a numbers person in real life --- even though that may not be my forte (I have not counted a single calorie since starting or used CRONOMETER).

I'm not really clear on how to objectively measure compliance with MWL--- so thoughts from others are welcomed!!! Lay it on me!! :D

the mwl is an application of the principles of caloric density
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41735#p429308
this post should get you started on the path to the math
its not just that the specific foods eaten have to be low in calorie density,
the caloric density of the whole meal can be reduced in a wholistic way by adding fiber+water
literally, take any meal, add veggies and water
it was a profoundly productive epiphany for me
my already satiating meals became even more satiating
im meeting all RDAs
etc
its just fantastic.
f00die

Re: September Objectives & Miscellaneous

Postby VegSeekingFit » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:42 pm

f00die wrote:
VegSeekingFit wrote:... I am a numbers person in real life --- even though that may not be my forte (I have not counted a single calorie since starting or used CRONOMETER).

the mwl is an application of the principles of caloric density
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41735#p429308
this post should get you started on the path to the math
its not just that the specific foods eaten have to be low in calorie density,
the caloric density of the whole meal can be reduced in a wholistic way by adding fiber+water
literally, take any meal, add veggies and water
it was a profoundly productive epiphany for me
my already satiating meals became even more satiating
im meeting all RDAs
etc
its just fantastic.

Thanks for this, fOOdie!

Thinking about holistically managing calorie density - and incorporating more low starch veggies. I love starch so much that many times I eat more than the 50/50 visual.

Awesome that you have been so successful!

I made a SNAP meal early on - think time to revisit those recipes too.

Best,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

Checklist for MWL - Reality Check

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi,

Using Jeff Novick's checklist to qualitatively evaluate my compliance with MWL and highlight areas of opportunity for improvement.
Rating myself on each point with a scale of 1-5, with 1 = never, 2 = seldom, 3 = occasionally, 4=usually, 5=always

A 10-POINT CHECKLIST FOR MAXIMUM WEIGHT LOSS (MWL)

1) Start each meal with a soup and/or salad and/or fruit.
4 - not always because once or twice a week I don't do this for breakfast - generally on in the office workday where I have to eat breakfast when I can and I'm not super hungry.

2) Follow the 50/50 plate method for your meals, filling half your plate (by visual volume) with non-starchy vegetables and 50% (by visual volume) with minimally processed starches.
3- I love starch and don't always get veggies to 50%. I'm sure that I am at least 30% - but this is an area where I will focus.

2) Choose fruit for dessert.
5 - Yes, or I skip dessert / fruit.

3) Greatly reduce of eliminate added sugars and added salts. This includes gourmet sugars and salts too. If either is troublesome for you, you can eliminate them.
5 - Not a problem for me. Have minimized sodium this year. Rarely have anything with added sugar. I am careful to check condiments.

4) Eliminate all animal foods (dairy, meat, eggs, fish, seafood).
5- This was already a well-ingrained habit for me when I started this year.

5) Eliminate all higher fat plant foods (i.e., nuts, seeds, avocados, tofu, soy).
4 - I make rare exceptions - tofu once / month ( have had 3 times this year), sesame seed sprinkling on stir fry once in awhile, occasional hummus with tahini. All of these exceptions are not potential binges for me. Could never add peanut butter here - or the Peanut Butter Monster would come out as I used to eat every day - haven't had even once this year.

6) Eliminate any added oil.
4- I don't like oil. I don't seek oil out. When I cook, I would never use oil. Have gotten better at reading all packages (for broth, grains, etc.) and not purchasing products with added oil. However, this is always a minefield when eating at restaurants or eating out anywhere. I try to make the best choice (including sometimes selecting the option of eating nothing), but sometimes some oil is consumed.

7) Eliminate all higher calorie-dense foods including flour products (i.e. bread, bagels, muffins, crackers, dry cereals, cookies, cakes), puffed cereals, air-popped popcorn and dried fruit.
4- Have minimized to where maybe every couple of weeks I might have a corn tortilla (corn only) or slice of whole wheat toast. Have had popcorn popped on the stove a few times this year. This rule is one that I didn't fully grasp when I first started in January and I was eating puffed cereal / rice cakes / roasted garbanzo beans not considering calorie density. So, have gotten better, but not perfect. Dried fruit I would have to put in the category with peanut butter as not consuming again. Now, I guess that I could have a box of raisins -- but other types of dried fruit - pineapple, mango, cherries --- nope.

8 ) Don’t drink your calories (especially from juices & sugar-sweetened beverages).
5- I drink water or carbonated / sparkling water with noting added.

9) Follow these principles, eating whenever you are hungry until you are comfortably full. Don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.
4- Occasional breakfasts where I am eating and not really that hungry. Have eaten too much at times where I should have stopped earlier.

10) Avoid being sedentary and aim for at least 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise daily (i.e., brisk walking).
5- Love walking when I wake up and the occasional days that I skip - I am dragging and mad at myself for not doing it.

I am not going to do this very often as I don't think that rating would change that much for me (although it has changed throughout the year). I am going to use the output of this exercise to focus more on increasing the % of visual volume of veggies .

VegSeekingFit

This Week & September Goals

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:35 pm

Unofficial end of summer after this weekend. So, make it a good weekend! :-D

Today's weight was at 111.6 - so down 3 lbs. from last Friday. I didn't do anything different last week - thinking of the loss more as an average of 1 lb. / wk. for the past 3 weeks + .2 lb.

For September, going to continue on with the first two goals and add a few to target eating more veggies (or a wee bit less starch), going to do this slowly - as I don't think any radical change is necessary.
1) Eat mainly MWL (limited exception no more than 2 / wk for corn tortilla or air popped corn and tofu / veggie scramble once this month)
2) Walk in the mornings - target 4.5 hrs / week
3) Make these SNAP meals (at least 1 / week) - Mexican Fiesta, Longevity Soup, Primavera Pasta
4) Make a vegetable soup that doesn't contain starch -- need to find a favorite as current soups are mainly one-pot meals and could use a only veggie soup
5) Create lists of must have in stock items for freezer, refrigerator, pantry, spice rack. Print them out to make grocery shopping even easier.

Today's Food:
B: Honeydew & cantaloupe, lentil chili, potato waffle
S: Red Bell Pepper, tomatoes
L: Mushroom barley soup, blueberries
D: TBD - probably potato with some roasted veggies

Today's Exercise:
Beautiful day for a walk. Walked about 5 miles around the neighborhood. I have the day off. Usually wouldn't have the luxury of the time to do it on a Friday.

Eating Out & Being Social:
Had a friend and colleague's work anniversary celebration lunch - which included a few of us. The restaurant is very popular and busy. They aren't inclined to serve food off the menu (I did ask). Lunch menu is maybe 20 choices that all come with soup (animal) or salad (oil), wonton (fried), fried rice and eggroll (fried & animal). This is a good friend - there were only 5 of us and I didn't want to make a stink or set a bad tone for the party. So, picked / played with salad (that had dressing w/ oil); easy to skip the fried rice, wonton, egg roll. Ordered "vegetarian delight" which was fried with oil (only other animal free choice was fried tofu). Another pick at / play with... Didn't eat much, but had several bites of the oiled veggies. Only other way I could think of handling would be to just not eat at all... which I thought would focus more attention on my weirdness than on my friend's celebration. So, would do it again the same way. If this had been a large group, would have not eaten anything.

I really don't like to eat out at all. I don't do it much, but sometimes unavoidable. Frankly, I don't mind going with people to eat (like family) and just having a water and talking. I think when it gets outside of family, people just expect you to eat. :roll:

Cheers,
Stephanie

VegSeekingFit

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals