Fulenn's MS page New: before/after pics on page 15

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Fulenn's MS page New: before/after pics on page 15

Postby sksamboots » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Hope you are doing well! :nod:
sksamboots

Postby fulenn » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:42 pm

Hey Boots! I am doing well, just busy busy busy.

Tonight I made a recipe that I found on avirtualvegan.com that came from Lani Muelrath's new book, The Plant-Based Journey. It is Portobello Pot Roast. It is soooo very yummy! My stomach and mouth are so happy now!

Try it--you will thank me for directing you to this--then you will thank Lani!

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby f1jim » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:50 pm

This looks to die for.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby fulenn » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:36 pm

f1jim wrote:This looks to die for.
f1jim

Jim, you don't know the half of it! So good! I took leftovers for lunch the past two days and have enough for at least one more lunch, maybe two. Everyone at school is always interested in what I eat, to the point that most of them know what I fix and will tell newcomers who ask me what exactly I am eating. LOL! I had someone who is very into fitness begin to tell me about how I shouldn't eat carbs, etc., and she was bombarded with comments from around the lounge about how I don't get flare-ups from the MS and how much healthier I am now that I eat TONS of carbs. :D :D They weren't rude, just let her know that she was off base with me. They have seen and worked with me over the past 3 years and know that this has made a difference! Anyway, people really enjoyed hearing what smelled so good.

Fulenn

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

fulenn

Postby jamietwo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Fulenn, that is SO amazing! You are obviously a good ambassador to have convinced your co-workers that your healthy diet is helping you! And how wonderful that they understand it well enough to back you up on it! Good job! :D
Jamie
jamietwo

Postby fulenn » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:14 pm

jamietwo wrote:Fulenn, that is SO amazing! You are obviously a good ambassador to have convinced your co-workers that your healthy diet is helping you! And how wonderful that they understand it well enough to back you up on it! Good job! :D

Jamie, it isn't that I am a good ambassador, it is that I was so sick that people couldn't help but see how much better I got. They saw what I was eating and I talked about it, too. They just could not deny what they saw happening in front of them. But they still do not think that they need to do it. See, I have MS so it must have been necessary. They do not have MS, they are just fine. :-(

Tonight I made tomato-orzo soup. So yummy! Tomatoes, garlic, garbanzo beans, fresh rosemary, and pasta. Mmmm...

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby lmggallagher » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi fuelenn:

I love that your co-workers gently jumped in for your defense on the carbs and what not. As I am no where near a healthy weight - folks keep telling me I am not loosing because of the carbs I am eating. Generally, this is over a meal out when it's hard to be completely McDougall. I tell them not --- it's because I have too many friends who want to eat out all the time - where the "vegan food" is oily. Said kindly with a wink and smile, but true ;-)

Anyway, you are a great ambassador here and we are extremely happy for your you big improvements!
lmggallagher

Postby fulenn » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:51 am

Dropping in for awhile. I have started back to school, graduate school. I feel good enough to take it on and have completed my first semester. :D I posted a picture of my spouse and I this evening and a friend said that we get younger looking with each pic--cool! I'm not sure about that, but it was nice to hear.

Hope the holidays went well for everyone. We had a great time with our new grandchild.

This fall I discovered grilled pizza, well in August. We have enjoyed making our own crust and putting the pizza on the grill. It is so fast and tasty! We had pizza over break and then we made nachos for New Years Eve dinner. My family still loves the cashew cheeze sauce and I made extra so we would have something nice next week. Just like with the pizza, we can easily control what toppings are available for people to make their own nachos.

Fulenn
Last edited by fulenn on Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fulenn

Postby f1jim » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:28 am

Great to see you still with us.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby DangerousKiwi » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:24 am

I just rejoined recently so it wasn't until today that I saw your posts from a while back about the others at school coming to your defense on the carbs. What a great story! It's true, people need to see the change to believe it and often they still won't think it applies to them. :-)
DangerousKiwi

Postby fulenn » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi, Jim! Hi, DK! I am definitely here and still McDougalling, just really busy for awhile. My oldest child had a baby boy almost four weeks ago and I still cannot believe that I am old enough to be a grandmom, but it sure is fun! My mom flew out here after he was born and stayed to help out until I went on winter break at work, we have been on duty since then; now my daughter is getting the hang of things and has recovered nicely from a C-section, so we are helping less and getting her on her own for when she moves. Figures that the she and her partner were in the middle of a move to another city when baby arrived early. :D

I just completed my first semester of grad school and am happy to say that I have a 4.0 at this point. I hope I can keep the pace up and graduate with a great GPA. I am going to go through the summer and should be finished next spring.

Tonight it is rainy, chilly night, well, for Texas, and we are fixing giant Peruvian lima beans over jasmine brown rice for dinner. Yummy! The house smells great and dinner should be ready in a few minutes.

Stay warm and happy!

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby lmggallagher » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Yay fuelenn:

So glad to hear all this great news!!!

Congratulations on becoming a new Grandmother!!!!!

Congratulations on being so well you can add Grad school to the mix of activities you can embark on now.

Can you even begin to imagine participating in helping out a new Mom or starting grad school with high marks - just a few years back. Back when you needed long naps and exercise was not part of your life.

I am so glad whenever you get to drop in - because it's always wonderful news from your end. Not to mention - new food ideas!

Best always - Michelle
lmggallagher

Postby fulenn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi, Michelle! Nice to see you. :-D

I am making Lani's Portobello Pot Roast for dinner--can't wait! Here is the menu for the rest of the week:

Breakfasts: oatmeal
Lunches: leftovers
Dinners:
--Portobello Pot Roast
--Polenta w/marinara sauce
--Baked potatoes
--Pasta with onions and tomatoes
--Tomato Orzo Soup

I made cauliflower enchiladas last week and made a double-batch of the tomatillo sauce that went over them, so, I already have the ingredients to make more enchiladas at the end of the week. I also picked up some more Christmas lima beans to make beans over rice; I made it last night with the Giant Peruvian lima beans, but my youngest daughter informed me that I used the wrong beans. sigh. This is a good problem to have; I still remember when the family did not want lima beans at all and wanted to eat all of the foods we used to eat.

Michelle, it really does seem like another life entirely now that I am able to use my body as I see fit. Between work, grad school, the family, and the new baby, I am really busy. I could not have done this three and a half years ago. I have been given a second chance and do not intend to waste it.

Fulenn

fulenn

Postby f1jim » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:43 pm

That sounds wonderful.
Can I come to that meal?
f1jim
f1jim

Postby fulenn » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:33 pm

f1jim wrote:That sounds wonderful.
Can I come to that meal?
f1jim

That would be a definite feast! Sadly, it is the menu for the entire week.

We have a new house guest with us. She does not seem to have an issue about the no meat/no dairy thing and last night told me that dinner was the first time she had ever liked lentils. :cool: Feeling happy about that. When I was 7 my dad took a sabbatical from work to go to Germany and he took the entire family with him. In the months before leaving, my mom made a lot of German food for us to try; one favorite was Lentil Stew. I made that last night since we had 3 extra teenagers joining us for dinner. I just left out the meat. Brown lentils, diced potatoes, diced carrots, chopped onion and garlic, bay leaf, liquid smoke, french mustard, black pepper, white pepper, vegetable bouillon, 12 cups of water. Cook on the stovetop until the lentils are done and then eat. Yum!

I am back in school and my first paper is due Wednesday, so I may not be around much for the next couple of months, I should have some time over spring break. In the meantime I will stop in to read a post or two from wherever my phone and I are stuck with a few free minutes.

Have a great weekend,
Fulenn

fulenn

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals