Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Daffodil » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:40 am

I like games way too much too..but I don't have an XBox or any other like it.
For one who loves cats, you have to try the Super Granny games. A little old lady that rescues cats. Fight off monsters by digging holes so they fall in. Collect all the flowers, advance to the next level,etc. I've played all the Granny games i am so good at them. I can almost do them in my sleep. ;)
Jeanette would love them I bet. The cats also meow! Might set off real cats, so be careful.
Mindy used to try to go behind my monitor to "find" the kitties. lol Cute. :D
Daffodil

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Hmm, pity me, please

Postby bluja000 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:50 pm

Now you see what I have to deal with on a DAILY basis? Please, someone put me out of my misery. LOL. Anyway, I went ahead and did the salad route through Subway, and I think that it lasted a total of 15 minutes, max. I surprised myself, I had just finished a sandwich not more than half an hour ago, but the salad just tasted so good, I couldn't help myself. I'll have to stick with the salads, because I don't care for most of the veggies in sandwich form, but it was really good in salad form. Don't ask me why it's different, it just is.

Oh, and as for the Granny games, I've tried them in the trial as well, and yes, they were very cool to play. So I'll have to get the games to try out, but darn it, I'm so full of different games, it's hard to find more time for yet another...
Increase the peace, decrease the chaos.
bluja000

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby Letha. » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi Kirk,
Hopefully you’ll get good results after a week of MWL. I find it hard to lose weight on the regular plan. But as soon as I reach my goal, I’ll be adding back the bread/pasta/nuts/tofu/avocadoes. Mary McDougall has two fabulous recipes that have a tiny amount of peanut butter. Thai Noodles & Tunisian Sweet Potato Stew . Could live on that stuff. Not to mention bread stuffing & burritos with guacamole. I might have to start a whole new recipe blog for the regular McDougall program. But I figure I’ve got at least another two years on MWL first. Keep journaling. Let us know how you are doing. Best wishes.
Letha
Letha.

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:51 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby Daffodil » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:43 am

Hi there Kirk,

One pound is excellent! I'd be happy with that. I even get slightly excited when I lose 1/2 lb. ;) When I lost 3 pounds from last week, I was stoked!

Yeah, the pillow thing. It helps to have a lot of those, to figure out different ways to get comfy. Went to Big Lots 2 weeks ago and found a huge denim pillow for $8. Lots of padding. That will really come in handy. :)
Have you tried in addition to your regular sleeping pillow, a pillow to help support your neck and upper shoulders? Something soft. (no, not the cats) ;)

Dave's always asking me "why do you need all those pillows?" I told him I just do, that's why. ;) I once covered the daybed with the body pillows and a few others and slept on them. It was like sleeping on a cloud. Only worked one night though.

If you do just the MWL fat free plan diligently, I know from past experience that even without vigorous or even light exercise, you will consistently lose the weight. When you add exercise, the weight melts off steadily. Getting the mindset there is the hard part. (for me anyway...but i am almost there, a few more days)
You are doing great! Things will always get better, one day at a time. :)

-Amy
Daffodil

Postby toadfood » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:47 am

Hi Kirk,

I just read your journal from beginning to end, and wanted to say thanks for being so open and sharing your story. You're a real inspiration, and I hope you are pain-free soon.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:23 am

Ege Bamyasi

Postby Loveskale » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:23 pm

I am happy to hear that your pain level is coming down! I bet that is a huge relief.

Now, curried eggplant? I LOVE that! :-D I miss anything with flavour since I am on the elimination diet, but I can enjoy it through your description LOL :lol:
Loveskale

Postby toadfood » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:52 pm

That's such great news about your legs. My partner uses a wheelchair (she was born with spina bifida, so that's not something she can change) and has a sore on her foot that won't heal. I was just telling her your story. I hope it will inspire her.

I have to stay with my turtle energy. Slow and steady wins the race. -- Letha
toadfood

Postby Letha. » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:50 pm

Such wonderful news about the improvement in your leg. I'm so very happy for you Kirk.
Letha
Letha.

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Ege Bamyasi

oy I can relate

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:52 pm

it's as hot there as here...just gave away all my produce cause we are going up to Flagstaff area tomorrow. The truck is not even packed yet since it is still too hot out. We will finish it up later when it is cooler! Glad you air is fixed. I don't want to see the electric bill this month, that airconditioner has run all day without even turning off except at night. And the refrigerator is finally catching up after throwing alot of stuff out! :( Gonna take whatever is left with me, can't be any worse than leaving in here! :D
ncyg46

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals