Psoriatic Arthritis Journal - 2.5 year Update Page 63

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Psoriatic Arthritis Journal - 2.5 year Update Page 63

Postby jld » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:21 am

I'm so glad you did not hit a major flare! That is progress! And I'm glad you are able to just rest and recover from the sun/heat!

It's good that the diet has helped you so much over the last 2 1/2 years that these challenges are easier now. That is encouraging to all of us. Thanks for sharing!:)
A clean life is its own reward.
jld

Postby lmggallagher » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Still no Nicole :crybaby: - hope you are recovering well and just have your nose in a good book or sumthin'

Miss you - Michelle
lmggallagher

Postby nicoles » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi Y'all!
AnnaSpanna, Beth, Michelle, Ruff, jamietwo, jld -thanks for the hugs and sympathy and visits! You all really lifted me up. :-D

I am feeling much better, still a bit tired but that is it. We must respect the tiredness!

Beth, you are quite right - it is easy to get complacent. But in truth, limitations are real and totally reasonable. Even regular people get wiped out by heat - I just get a bit more wiped out, I guess.

Michelle, I really enjoyed my wailing! Well, not really, but the uninhibited spewing of emotion can be really helpful, especially when things are not quite 100% awesome. In fact, I think I was even able to do it because we are no longer in an apartment building where our neighbors can hear everything we say!

I'd be very interested to read that sleep-recovery book you mentioned - let me know if you recall the title.

Oh, also - vegan DHA is an algae-derived supplement. Flax does the same thing IF you convert ALA to DHA easily; I do not happen to, but this is quite rare.

AnnaSpanna and Ruff -I was thinking of you both yesterday! Instead of going out as planned, our friends came to us (aren't they nice!) and then we all went to Echo Park Lake and sat on the grass in the shade, where we met a lovely family who are from Auckland, NZ, and are considering moving to the US. They recommended coming to vacation in NZ, and renting an RV to just driving around the coasts with. Sounded good to me! I want to do that, too!!!! Any takers?

Here I am getting cheered up by my littlest friend, who came to visit yesterday
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby lmggallagher » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Ok here is your treat for coming back and saying you are doing OK and then showing us a GREAT picture proving it! I can now go back to worrying about me and having my own hissy fits. I love, love this picture :) You are just too adorable - I am sure you littlest friend is too!

The book is my "Stroke of Insight"
http://www.amazon.com/My-Stroke-Insight ... ain+stroke

On New Zealand - I am way ahead of you - they have very cute camper vans over there with cool little kitchens and what not. I have looked them up and approve highly. I think it would be great to have the cottage base camp and then rent the van for travels like you suggest. The cottage is super inexpensive when one realizes it's 1.65 to the US dollar.

If you continue to improve and tell us about it I will share the adorable chartreuse camp van pictures. Kermit would love these things :) I am thinking you will too ;-)
lmggallagher

Postby moonwatcher » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:13 pm

HI There Nicole!

So glad to hear you are feeling better but respecting the need to rest when tired.

I LOVED this wonderful picture of you laughing with your little friend. It's so wonderful, and brings back really good memories. I had a little friend (who is now 15 and driving!) who used to call me her "big friend" when she was around 4. I still remember the message she left on my answering machine that went something like "I don't know if you think or know, but I have a new haircut!! Call me back!!" Just too cute for words. Everyone needs a little friend, and I'm glad you've got one!! :)

Hey Michelle--My Stroke of Insight does indeed have some really good stuff about the need for sleep in order to recover. So cool to hear of it again. :)

This New Zealand thing you all are cooking up sounds lovely. I'll armchair travel along for now, and can't wait to see the pics of the cute campers. One of my fantasies is that someday there will a solar and robot powered camper that I can drive around this country in, read my poems, cook my meals and come meet all the fabulous friends I've met on the internet. :)

Okay, time to get off here and make some dinner. Still getting mixed up because my notifications open in Google Chrome, but I can only answer easily in Safari. . .ah, technology!!

Keep resting up--and by the way, you look fabulous!!

xoxo

moonwatcher
Please join me at my new blog Plant-Based Slow Motion Miracle

http://fatfreevegan.com/slowmiracle/

Or visit my journal, Moonwatcher's Slow Motion Miracle, on this site. Before and after pictures on page 4.
moonwatcher

Postby Ruff » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:52 pm

But girls....I already HAVE a camper van! It was my 50th birthday pressie.

look

The 'child' is Rowan who is a lot older than she looks!

BTW the water photo is Pigeon Bay. Little Pigeon Bay where the cottage is...is over yonder hills the other side of the water!
Katie

My testimonial. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=38433
Ruff

Postby lmggallagher » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:39 am

Yay, RUFF - It's WONDERFUL - so much cooler than the green rental one! Which I have to say I thought was the thing until I saw this. You lucky lady. I did not get a vehicle for my 50th!

I saved $107 in Kiwi $ yesterday by canceling a subscription.One savings a day is working ( I am now making conversions readily too) - I am sure this thing is not plant powered as we are - so I am considering that petrol funds :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it petrol or gas in NZ - I must learn the language :lol: :lol:

Is this the daughter that ran with you!
lmggallagher

Postby MSNomad » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:04 am

Nicole, glad to hear you are doing much better! And I love that picture of you and your littlest friend!

Michelle and Moonwatcher, there is also a great TED talk by Jill Bolte Taylor, the author of My Stroke of Insight. Amazing story.

Ruff, love your camper van. That is just too cool!
I have a blog about traveling well with MS: MSNomad's blog
You can also "like" me on Facebook: MSNomad's FB page
I also keep a journal here on the Discussion Boards: MSNomad's journal
MSNomad

Postby Lesliec1 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:58 pm

Finally a picture of you! How gorgeous are you and what a cute cute CUTE photo!
Lesliec1

Postby AnnaSpanna » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:59 am

Cool photo, Nicole and ditto, Ruff.
Michelle, it's definitely petrol. Gas is what I pass. :D
AnnaSpanna

Postby jld » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:44 am

Nicole, you are so thin! What a testament to the McD diet!

Beautiful picture of you!:)
A clean life is its own reward.
jld

Postby nicoles » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Michelle! Thanks for the title- I am reading it now! And MSNomad, thanks for the link - I watched it yesterday and it was very moving. Wow!

Heya Moonwatcher - I love that story of your littlest friend! Reminds me of something my cousin said to me once, when she was about 2 1/2, maybe 3 . I was meeting her and my aunt and uncle to visit on a trip, and the morning after I got there, she said to me "In the dark time, when you were never here, I saw Madeleine!" (from the kids book) She meant "Last night, before you got here, we saw a girl dressed like Madeleine", but it was just so poetically cute, I'll never forget it!

Ruff! I LOVE that camper! And "little" Rowan! Oh, that Pigeon Bay looks so wonderful.OK, now, Michelle, when you are feeling a little bit better let's see those Kermit Campers!

Leslie, thanks! How are you doing?

AnnaSpanna! You make me laugh :lol:

Thanks JLD - I want to send you a pm about something, remind me if I forget.

My Journal
nicoles

Postby nicoles » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Another place I really want to go to is Iceland.

And how cool are these pictures?

I know. SO cool! :lol:

My Journal
nicoles

Postby MSNomad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Those are great pictures. We've been trying to see Northern Lights here in WA, but they haven't been strong enough lately.

Iceland is on our list too! My husband has been searching for inexpensive flights to Europe (even though we aren't leaving for months!) and one of the cheapest flights includes a stopover in Iceland! My fear is that we'll get there right in the heart of winter when it is dark and we won't be able to see a thing! :roll:
I have a blog about traveling well with MS: MSNomad's blog
You can also "like" me on Facebook: MSNomad's FB page
I also keep a journal here on the Discussion Boards: MSNomad's journal
MSNomad

Postby nicoles » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:09 am

MSNomad, going to Iceland has been a life-long dream of mine! I hope to get there somehow. I hope you do too! And not in the midst of winter.

I paint, and in order to fulfill my travel fever, I often paint landscapes of places I want to go, but have not made it to yet.(Or I paint winter landscapes when it is super-hot summer, and vice versa.)

I am about to start an Iceland/Northern Lights series. Hence the picture surfing ;)

Hmm. Maybe one day I'll post some on here, when I am feeling brave.

My Journal
nicoles

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals