30 day commitment to get over my hump day (14 days)

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 30 day commitment to get over my hump day (14 days)

Postby proverbs31woman » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:30 pm

Debbie,

I can feel your energy and excitement. Have fun on the trip. Sorry I Can't offer any ideas to help with your 3 year old.
proverbs31woman

Postby janluvs2heel » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:55 am

Debbie-

Why dont you feed her something light? Then take along either some saltines or some gingersnap cookies. I know they are not the best but they may help with the carsickness. I always have heard about ginger soothing the upset tummy.

When I was a kid both me & my sister used to always get car sick. When they came out with Dramamine, that was over. It put us to sleep so no more carsickness.

Wow, day 8 is gone already. You are doing great!!!

Mom
janluvs2heel

Postby Katydid » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:04 am

Debbie,
Glad you understand that I am trying to support you - not critisize you. We all have our food demons, and when I speak it is from bitter experience.
Re marinades: I like the Mrs. Dash line of marinades since they are low in sodium. There is a mesquite grill one that would be perfect for a BBQ. Otherwise, I just mix pineapple juice from a small can of sliced pineapple with reduced-sodium soy sauce and marinade the mushroom in that (and throw the pineapple on the grill, too). Portabella mushroom and grilled pineapple burger - YUM.
As for the cheese-free pizza. Just so you have all of the info here is a link to the Amy's site: http://www.amys.com/products/product_view.php?id=103.
Note that there are two types of oil listed in the ingredients. Not 'legal' even under 12-day rules. And the serving size is not reasonable. I've had these pizzas in the past, and if you can get away without eating at least half of one, you are a stronger person than I. Last time I bought one of these I ate the whole thing - and it still didn't satify me. There's something about flour that triggers binge eating in me. I much prefer a homemade potato or rice crusted pizza.
Kate
This diet can save your life - it saved mine! Read my story at:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/cathy_stewart.htm
Katydid

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:46 am

Katydid wrote: Otherwise, I just mix pineapple juice from a small can of sliced pineapple with reduced-sodium soy sauce and marinade the mushroom in that (and throw the pineapple on the grill, too). Portabella mushroom and grilled pineapple burger - YUM.

Kate

Oh. My. Word. That sounds SOOOOOO GOOD! It is what I will fix myself for my daughter's 16th b-day where we are barbecueing...mmm, sounds so good! yum!

debbie, keep on going :) I'll be following in your footsteps, after the first weekend of August. My daughter is going on it with me! yahoo! We talked about it last night, and she's all for it. :nod: I'm HAPPY!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby sksamboots » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Hey Deb,

Grilling mushrooms, vegetables and corn on the cob sound just wonderful for your up coming trips!! Glad your figuring it out :-)
sksamboots

Postby Loveskale » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Wow, what a day you must have had. I really feel fo you. I really hate all these scammers out there, but I won't go there now haha. I am glad after all that stress, you still stayed on plan, good for you! I would have been searching for whatever I could find after all that! I am glad it all got sorted out!
Last edited by Loveskale on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby Suebcallahan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Deb,
After a day like you had I would have been sitting in my closet with Ben and Jerry! You did fantastic and should be proud. I have never spit out anything in my life, once its past my lips it's mine!! I bet your blood sugar bottomed out which caused all the cravings and light headedness. I would have had PBJ, mac and cheese, french fries and ice cream after a day like yours.
Congrats on surviving a tough day! :nod:
Sue-in-Seattle

Suebcallahan

Postby Love the Lorax » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:59 am

Way to go Deb! I am sure that french fry would have been in my belly as quick as a wink - good for you!

I know what you mean about SNAP saving you - I've been eating gallons of the stuff to keep myself full. Still ended up stuffing myself on pasta yesterday :angry: just because it tasted good and I'm sure that didn't help the scales. I didn't even look at them this morning.

I've been busy, hope to check in a little more often. Seems like there is always something going on... and I KNOW you know what I mean! LOL!! And hubby wonders what I do all day... humph!
Love the Lorax

Postby pretty skinny » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:08 am

Last edited by pretty skinny on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pretty skinny

Would love to join you

Postby Earthwalker » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:55 am

Seeing as I just joined I would love to have a partner in our journey.. You have a little jump start on me but it is close ;)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLKeqst/]
[/url]
Earthwalker

Your morning

Postby Earthwalker » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:04 am

What a morning you had. Guess you don't have to do a workout today because you already have.
Take care.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLKeqst/]
[/url]
Earthwalker

Postby Love the Lorax » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:31 am

(((HUGS))) You need hugs, so here are mine. I remember well the days of the younger children (mine are 13 and 11 now.... just a different set of things to whine about.... LOL!) and it can really be tiring. I read a quote once that is so true, about how the days last forever but the years fly by (when the kids are little). I can't remember the exact words, but it is so true. It seems like forever since my kids were the age of yours, and I miss it so much - but at the time, I thought I would go nuts some days!!!! Truely, I understand.

FWIW - that thing of the kid thinking you are an awful mom for not giving them what they want? Doesn't change. Oh my.... while I will not go into the mile long list describing the incredible immaturity of my daughter, suffice it to say that she is NOT to be trusted with a cell phone or laptop, or even to get her ears pierced yet. But boy, she is unhappy with me over those things..... Silly me.. to think a person should show responsibility in those horrid things like routine teeth brushing/showering instead of saying BO isn't that bad/washing hair instead of saying "it isn't that greasy..." etc before I allow her to have holes put in her ears that require regular cleaning in those initial stages. HUMPH!!!

Two years without a monthly friend? Yeah, it might be that time, and I imagine those hormone surges are not helping at all. Sure wish I lived near you just so I could come over and give you a break - take the kids out for awhile or something.
Love the Lorax

Postby sksamboots » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:32 am

((HUG)) :)
sksamboots

Postby Loveskale » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Once again , I agree with Sksamboots

My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby sksamboots » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:09 pm

sksamboots

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals