Circle of Friends

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Circle of Friends

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi all!! Welcome Giddyup!! :) I have been doing fairly well, but buckling down a little today to be able to say that I'm 100% compliant. I've watched the scale drop a couple of pounds in the past week (the same couple i keep losing...but at least right now I'm doing well and it's going in the right direction!) I have so many many cucumbers right now, so I'm trying to eat one at each meal, as well as a handful of cherries. Those that live in so. cal...Vons has a great deal on cherries this week...yum!!

B: oatmeal and 1 walnut, cherries, cucumber (small)
L: Rice cakes, blackbean salad, assorted cut vegies
S: Cherries and cucumber
D: will post later

Ex: Walked Bear for 2 miles, treadmill for 1/2 hour, 1 hour of yard work, 1 hour of housework :)

Weight this morning: 168.2

Okay...now I'm gonna go hunting and see if I can find that wonderful potato soup recipe that gypsy posted :) Christine...thanks...and also yes, she still has the juicer, I just need to drive out and take a look at it after 6 this week...so hmmm...maybe tomorrow or friday.

Rosey...welcome back and thanks for sharing your pics!! Those were so fun to look at...love the pics everyone is posing...too too fun and so much progress!!
LoriJenny

Postby Rosey » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:22 pm

LoriJenny wrote:Weight this morning: 168.2

Rosey...welcome back and thanks for sharing your pics!! Those were so fun to look at...love the pics everyone is posing...too too fun and so much progress!!

Thanks Lori. Some day I'm going to be the weight you were this morning it may be a ways off but I'll get there. SMILE.

I enjoy sharing my pictures. I am a bit addicted to my camera hubby took the second camera with so that he could get pictures of me too since we have tons of him. laugh.
Rosey

Postby LoriJenny » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Yep Rosey you will get there for sure!!! :)
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:20 pm

wow, I hope to be able to say one day I am at 168 too. I seem to be regaining and losing the same few lbs too. But my activity level is so much higher, and my energy etc.
Love my green drinks, and even that is a lot of work, as I clean out the machine, and take the pulp out back, put it in garden, etc, and then load up all the water left in dish pan, to water a few plants too... today I made up some kale and a bit of collards from garden too for lunch, and ate it with brown rice and some beans. not bad, with this Koran sauce, a bit spicy, but not bland at all!!

one thing I will say is that I do not eat any dried fruits or nuts anymore, gave them up completely.... more potatoes and more rice, and veggies and fruit...
take care all, and stick with it, no matter what other ppl say! it works!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Hey Lori, you and I are the same weight! Actually your less. I'm sure you'll be passing me up even more soon enough.

CL and Rosey you will be there some day soon I know it....I never thought I would be here either and I still don't feel all that svelte. But all my clothes don't lie.

Today was a great day for me food wise didn't eat anything off plan and no flour products. I also got a job!!! Whooo hooo! Nothing glamorous a delivery driver for a dental lab, but it's flexible and steady with more hours at the beginning for fill in. I will make myself invaluable.

Lori...The potato soup that I made was about 2.5 lbs of peeled potatoes, water over the top, I did not measure and then I added stuff to it. A lot of garlic powder, few grinds of blk pepper, a smidgen of wht pepper, a dash of Mrs Dash table blend, a little dried sage, 1 sweet onion, bag of ready sliced carrots, 2 stalks celery.... about 1/2 bag frozen peas and a little salt. And when you boil it for along time the potatoes start to break up making a creamy soup. It's good and filling. It's the type of soup that what ever you have on hand or that tastes good to you goes in the pot. Simple, easy and compliant....

Ok you all I am out for a walk now.....haven't been for quite some time
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Rosey » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:18 pm

Christine in Cali wrote:CL and Rosey you will be there some day soon I know it....I never thought I would be here either and I still don't feel all that svelte. But all my clothes don't lie.

I know I will but it will be a long time.
Rosey

Postby Christine in Cali » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Well, lets see how long it will take?....you have lost 100lbs in 10 weeks. That is pretty amazing and although for some reason you have slowed down, you are still at it and exercising. Maybe you just need to tweak the plan a bit to get the ball rolling again, try drinking more water to flush it all out. Stay positive, stay happy and once those dang steroids are out of your system, they'll be no stopping ya... :nod:
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby Rosey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:09 am

Christine in Cali wrote:Well, lets see how long it will take?....you have lost 100lbs in 10 weeks. That is pretty amazing and although for some reason you have slowed down, you are still at it and exercising. Maybe you just need to tweak the plan a bit to get the ball rolling again, try drinking more water to flush it all out. Stay positive, stay happy and once those dang steroids are out of your system, they'll be no stopping ya... :nod:

No that wasn't in 10 weeks. 35 of it was in that 10 weeks. I lost some of it before and gained some of it back and having to lose it again. you know that up and down roll a coaster. This time it will be staying off because I'm staying on this life style.

I think the steroids are finally out of system because I lost some this last week. I love the exercise I do makes it easy to do that.

I always try to stay positive and hubby makes me extremely happy. SMILE.
Rosey

Postby carollynne » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:58 am

hit too all, thanks C in c yes, I will get there. if today if any indication of my will power and added energy. I was up at 530 am, and did some cleaning, some exercise, like 30 min on the wii, then outside to do hand watering, with the dishpan water and left over pulp from my green juice. Yes, I made up one just for me, and it was so good. One store here has great kale, another it is so crummy looking. that is why i am pampering my own plants, so that one of these days, I will have my own to pick and they will be huge and pretty, right now they are so small and bitten up. I look for the green bugs all the time, they are out there. believe it!
then I had 2 calls form family, and worked around the house while I talked to them, then went to Po for Ds and also the walking park with maxie. Now I am headed for gas, and the store, more veggies or what I can find.
Yes, life is good!!
thanks for all the encouragement it is really paying off for me. I feel great!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby LoriJenny » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:57 pm

167.2 This morning :) Glad to see that number going down. Got up early to fight the morning LA traffic to get to UCLA. My dermatologist took a biopsy on my lip. I have been having a little skin cancer battle going on on my lip for a couple of years now...had laser treatments, freezing treatments and a few rounds of a topical chemotherapy treatment...now another biopsy...I am really hoping it is cancer free now. But the biopsy site is gonna be sore this week...I've done it before so I know that small smoothe foods are the best, like cherries or cut up cucumbers...breads and rice cakes are out, my blackbean salad should work good though, and drinking with a straw. At least I've been through it enough to know what works and what doesn't, and I will have the results in a week or so, so I'm gonna stay positive and hope for good news :) After my appointment I walked around Santa Monica a couple of miles, it was so much cooler there than here in the desert!

Christine...I think that makes us scale buddies!!! :) I'm hoping to really get busy here and see that number fall! I can say one good thing about this biopsy, it will help me lose some weght!! Actually that soup might be a great food for me...thanks so much for giving me the recipe ,...I'm looking forward to trying it!

Carollynne...You are an inspiration...wow, look at all you accomplished this morning! That is just so great!

Rosey, you are doing so great...35 lbs in 10 weeks is awesome!! Just keep plugging along, soon overweight will just be a memory, for all of us!! Then a lifetime of health and well being :)
LoriJenny

Postby carollynne » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:29 pm

HI to all, I just checked out the book, Vegan for LIfe, for public library, and have been reading it this afternoon.
interesting stuff.
Hey I do get a lot done in am, but then by afternoon, i have to cut back some, and just do the inside stuff.
I got back on the wii, to try my luck on the island cycle game again. I step in place for over 21 min,and got so twisted up in this cave, and very sweaty in the process, and then every avenue out of it, had me dying off some cliff or other, finally I got the B button to work, and it gave me the mins as credit. I have all the options open to me, but this one is too hard perhaps. I quit again. May never get to find them all and then the finish goals either. but it has me going as you can tell.
well I had my usual steel cut oats this am, and also some brown rice, with beans and veggies, for lunch. even reheated up my kale from yesterday too. it is a great snack on top of the stove.
I am so proud of you all in the 160S that is so cool.
I need to get very compliant to get there myself! I will I know it!
carollynne

Postby Christine in Cali » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Good goin' L J on the 167.2, I knew you would be passing me. I am praying everything comes out clean from that test..... I was 168.8 last night and the same this morning glad it stayed the same and not higher......

I got my Truck back!!! Crank Shaft and Cam Sensor was the problemo. Only $232. and some change, it's runin' like a champ, also got that job...things are looking up Ladies for all of us. My food is clean and I went for a 1 hour power walk last night. I'm feelin' good

K gotta go back to work now....later
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

Postby LoriJenny » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Yay!!! So glad to hear all that good news christine!! And thanks so much for the prayers :)

Carollynne, that wii sounds like so much fun!
LoriJenny

Postby Rosey » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:25 pm

It's only 4:30pm but I've done a lot of exercise today. Walked to park with almost 3 year old and 6 year old and played with them at park. then came home and have been wrestling with them almost all day.
Rosey

Postby Christine in Cali » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:46 am

New # on the scale this AM 167.4. Been eating more MWL, last night had a few moments but nothing too outrageous. Went for a 2 hour hike in blistering heat but it was in a cool valley with gentle breezes...felt good to be back hiking again.

The woman that's training me at my new job is the worst driver, she scares the cr*p out of me. I am glad this is the last day and only 4 hours.

I took 1/2 an Advil PM last night and it's still working....I am having a hard time waking up, maybe a shower will help

TTFN
"Nature won't be denied"
Christine in Cali

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals